Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Taylors South Carolina
Family Credit Counseling
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling - FCC Takes the Money and Runs Lauderdale Lakes Florida

So, last week Family Credit Counseling went under. No surprise there. What scares me, though, is that the economy, with the shapes it's in, folks are going to turn to agencies like FCC and find themsleves in a deeper hole than they ever could have imagined. I called the take-over company for Family Credit Counseling (again) this morning. They are American Debt Counseling, Inc. out of Sunrise, Florida. Basically, what my conversation amounted to this time was that FCC took my money this month and ran just before shutting their doors. They did not turn my funds over to the new company. My September payments were finally sent yesterday by ADC, but I am now repsonsible for paying my October bills on my own, although $270 was drafted from my checking account (right on time, I might add) the first of the month. The guy who was over FCC is James Armstrong. Apparently, this man took everyone's money this month, not just mine, turned over his company to someone else, and got the hell out of Dodge. I am going to contact my Representative so that he may cotact Florida's Attorney General. Armstrong has stolen thousands from me and millions from thousands of others. Someone, all of us, must hold this liar, thief, and all-around schumck accountable.

Hannah
Taylors, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida/Family-Credit-Counseling-FCC-Takes-the-Money-and-Runs-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-381350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling