Complaint Review: Family Dollar -Joan Lutz Ed Palmisano

• Submitted: Tue, February 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2008

• Reported By:st. louis Missouri
Family Dollar -Joan Lutz Ed Palmisano
4645 Gravois St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Family Dollar -Joan Lutz Ed Palmisano Unfair work practices and wrongful termination! Just another day at Family Dollar... St. Louis Missouri

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: File a complaint with this federal goverment agency

*Author of original report: I almost forgot!

My boss was full of nothing but favoritizm, discrimination and verbally abusive. One day a coworker and I were just tired of it. We decided something needed to change.

So, on a thursday, I filed a complaint with the human resouce department on behalf of both of us. Thry didnt respond to me but, I know they had recieved my complaint because the next day my boss, Joan Lutz, came upto me and said "why'd you call the hotline"? I said " I didnt...I used the internet". I figured at this point(I had already told the dm before that I wanted to be removed from this store because I couldnt handle the things going on there)it was beyond her and no longer her business.

Anyway she then said" well eddy just caleed and he wants to know what the hell is going on". I just continued working and she walked off.The weekend came and went(noone "important" is ever around on the weekend) and so Monday I clocked in to work and went to the back because our truck had arrived and I figured it was time to unload.

I walk to the back and Joan says "Im going to have to let you go today". I say confused" what? what do you mean? what for"? She says to me" you didnt sign the deposit log last night and I got wrote up for it. Im tired of getting in trouble for you". I say "Joan are you serious? After all that Ive done around here? Managed your store while you were out for 3 months"?

Let me go back a little for you though. Months prior we had updated to the new computer systems and all your logs are in there. We were told(while Joan was out ill) that we no longer needed to keep a written record because the pc would have it all.

So, I did as I was told. When Joan came back to work she asked why I hadnt been doing it and I explained and she was fine with it. She never told me I had to do it or anything like that.

Back to the future, I told her I couldnt believe this and that I know thats not why Im being fired. She told me not to make trouble and just leave. So, I did.
Then i wrote to hr again and let them know what had happend. They responded and told me my prior complaint was under investigation....this was feb 10th.....still havent heard anything. I also sent out a request for a serice letter....havent heard anything from that either.

I told a lawyer all about this....told them the original complaint was pretty straight-forward in saying that it was about discrimination and what have you. The lawyer told me that it does sound like I have a case.....but hell I dont even have a job now....you tell me how Im gonna pay upfront fees for a lawyer to take my case?! Family Dollar wins again? Rediculous.

Kristen
st. louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2008 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Dollar-Joan-Lutz-Ed-Palmisano/St-Louis-Missouri-63116/Family-Dollar-Joan-Lutz-Ed-Palmisano-Unfair-work-practices-and-wrongful-termination-Just-312210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Dollar -Joan Lutz Ed Palmisano

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Berjettej - (U.S.A.)

I have very simple suggestion. There is a goverment agency called the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Please file a report with them and if you have a ligament complaint they will investigate and try to resolve the matter with this company. Should they investigate and find that the company is at fault, they will be dealt with. This is a federally funded and operated agency. No one likes to play with the federal government and when they come to get you, you get got.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I almost forgot!

AUTHOR: Kristen - (U.S.A.)

The other person that was named in the complaint to hr, was fired the same day as I was for another bogus reason.