Complaint Review: Family Dollar Store

10401 Monroe Road Internet United States of America

Family Dollar Store product sent customer to Hospital Internet

*Consumer Comment: $5000.00?

Good Day,

In September 2012, I entered in to the Family Dollar Store in Grand Prairie, Texas. I purchased the three in one facial product that contained cotton swabs, cotton balls, and cotton pads all products that you may use for your face. I started to clean my ear out using there cotton swab, the cotton came clearly off the stick staying inside my ear. I grab the case looking for the caution/warning signs and or the hot line to call in case of an emergency. There was no warning any where on the box/case. I went to the emergency room, The Texas General Hospital in Grand Prairie. There were no surgeons available, the emergency room did not have the tools to remove the cotton out my ear (the closes hospital in the area, it had just open) the Dr. on call attempted to use a surgical clamp , the proper devise should have been (Forceps)

Using what they had to remove the cotton swab. My ear felt like it was on fire for two days. I went online to contact Family Dollar Corporate Office leaving a message with the department whom handles incidents. Not one reply was returned as if Family Dollar has no problem that one of there products have brought and caused pain to a loyal customer. I now have to pay a bill over 5000.00 dollars for purchasing a defective product from the Family Dollar Store. The sad thing about it is I enter the Family Dollar Store so often and has personal ask the manager to request African American Products in the area that I live in. Instead I have to drive across town to purchase those products when I have lived in the area for over fifteen years. Nothing yet has been created to assure the safety of the products and there customers are taken care of at lease in my case, there are some products that come with a warning/caution or even a hot line to call in case if emergences so what to happen if this certain situation happen to another customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Dollar-Store/internet/Family-Dollar-Store-product-sent-customer-to-Hospital-Internet-965858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Dollar Store

$5000.00?

AUTHOR: TWSM - (USA)

How did a visit to the emergency room for cotton in your ear become a bill for $5000?

You do know that putting a cotton swab in your ear is not medically recommended?