Complaint Review: Family Dollar

• Submitted: Sat, March 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 09, 2009

• Reported By:st paul Minnesota
Family Dollar
1936 University Ave St Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Family Dollar Manager being abused because I am Pregnant. St Paul Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Not abused because you are pregnant.

*Consumer Comment: Family Dollar in Midway Location Really does STINK in more ways than one.

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I have been a Manager at Family Dollar for the past 2 years, I am on a salary to get paid for 52 hours a week but I dont think there is ever a time that I have been able to just work 52 there is weeks that I have put in 75+ hours with getting no help from the DM, Family dollar works you to death they are always cutting payroll hours and expecting more and more work to be done you can never take a break even if you work 12 hours a day, back in oct,2008 I found out I was pregnent I was put on a restriction to work no more then 40 hours a week but since oct till now there has been only 2 weeks that have have worked 40 hours,

I have been wrote up 2 times for going over my payroll budget and can never get help from anyone, I have went over my DMS head I have called human resoures and no one wants to help, since I have done this my DM has been has found anything and everthing to make my job a living hell, I have been wrote up and he always finds something to complain about but before I was put on this restrition I was never wrote up and always told what a good job I do, I believe family dollar is a slave driving company they get people to do the the job under pay them, over work them, abuse them and put there lifes in danger and most of the managers are like me have children to suport and bills to pay so I get stuck being there slave.

Shawn
st paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2009 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Dollar/St-Paul-Minnesota-55116/Family-Dollar-Manager-being-abused-because-I-am-Pregnant-St-Paul-Minnesota-438707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Dollar

Not abused because you are pregnant.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

What you are now calling abuse has been your work ethic in the past. You expect management to expect less because of your condition? You gave them a taste of the sweet life and of course, they don't want to go back. You have another nutcase (rebuttal) arguing senselessly about voting and workers rights and blah, blah, blah.

The company wants your ususal work ethic and now you can't give it to them. YOU made this situation, you are not being abused and it certainly has nothing to do with your pregnancy.

Sooner or later you will have to take leave to deliver, will they let you come back?

Family Dollar in Midway Location Really does STINK in more ways than one.

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

I saw what the St.Paul,MN Family Dollar Store Midway Location looked like before Shawn took over. Shawn did a 360 improving that so called trash pit store she received into a completely organized, functional, clean place to shop. She worked her a*s off. Shawn is, as aways has been a excellent Manager. She was good to her employees. Shawn worked very hard and was forced to put her life and the life of her unborn baby in danger by doing so as Family Dollar disreguarded her Doctors orders to cut back on her hours. ANY BUSINESS WOULD BE SO LUCKY TO HAVE SHAWN AS A EMPLOYEE OR A MANAGER. Family Dollar you need to take the name "Family" out of your name as you do not care about Family. Change your name to " TWO CENTS" as that is the value you put on your employees. People should read this other RIPOFF REPORT titled: "Family Dollar Working at Family Dollar stinks! Saint Paul Minnesota" It was wrote by one of Shawns employees.
FAMILY DOLLAR OR SHOULD I SAY "TWO CENTS" I WILL NEVER SHOP AT YOUR STORES AGAIN. But I will make my usual walk through the Midway Family Dollar for laughs as I once again watch it go back to the filthy nasty pit hole it was before Shawn took over. Shawn was used and abused by that hell hole now that she is gone that pit will soon close it doors as the Board of Health will condemn it.

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Americans have been voting in Right Wing politicians since 1980...the damage has been done to workers' rights and it will take decades to undo the damage in spite of recent political changes.

Remember, unions don't matter any more...they're a thing of the past! Just let big business do what they want to do!