Complaint Review: Family Dollar

Family Dollar
722 South Harrison Street shelbyville, Indiana United States of America

Family Dollar New rule suddenly? shelbyville, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Its not strange at all

I had worked for this company before back in 2006  and was called and told to stay home by the assistant manager, needless to say she didn't mention it to anyone else and I was fired. That however is not what this complaint is about. When you walk into this store you see there on the door We Accept EBT and they always have from what I know.  I needed to get a few items so I was going to get some cheap cereal and some milk, I made my way to the front of the store and theres the assistant manager that had gotten me fired 6 years ago. I set my items out and get my total I go to pay and suddenly she snaps " We don't accept ebt Cash only."

I told her I was in there over the weekend and managed to use my card so what's the problem?

She said " we never have accepted EBT Cash only"   needless to say I had to pay using my debit card  to shut her up.

More interesting the person behind me managed to pay using their EBT card, something funny there don't you think?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Dollar/shelbyville-Indiana-46176/Family-Dollar-New-rule-suddenly-shelbyville-Indiana-876765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Dollar

Its not strange at all

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

In fact its pretty normal, at least where I live. The EBT card has two different sides to it. There's EBT - food stamps and EBT- cash. Merchants that have up signs saying they accept ebt usually mean they accept EBT- Food stamps. Most merchants do not accept EBT-Cash for payments. The reason? This involves purchasing separate equipment to process those transactions. I worked at a C-store for 8 years and we did not accept the cash portion, only the food stamp portion. Prior to that I worked at a grocery store. The cashiers there could not accept EBT-Cash at their registers, we have 1 machine at the customer service desk that could process EBT-Cash transactions. EBT-Cash is not designed to be used like a debit card. You use it at an ATM to pull out cash and purchase your goods with that cash.

No ripoff here.