Complaint Review: Family Kennels

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Sheila — Gibsons British Columbia Canada
Family Kennels
Fort Langley, British Columbia United States of America

Family Kennels Breeder, Marie Lawlor, takes NO RESPONSIBILITY for sale of dog with life threatening abnormalities Fort Langley, British Columbia

*Author of original report: What a Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice To Deceive!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Unfair and untruthful claims made against people.

When Marie Lawlor of Family Kennels says her dog's health is guaranteed, she is quite simply, telling a lie.  I purchased a Wheaten pup from her, and several weeks later my pup was in trouble.  What started as bladder infections and incontinence led to many tests and procedures and finally a diagnosis of urethral abnormalities with equivocal ectopic ureter and decreased urethral spincter tone.  Zoe would need long-term medicine, but if that failed, she would need extensive surgery.

I made Marie Lawlor aware each step of the way and upon each call and email she remained indifferent and in fact criticized me for taking Zoe to the Vet when in her opinion Zoe would outgrow all of this in a year.  I could not believe what I was hearing from what I thought was a trusted breeder.  She then had the audacity to say that she didn't know me, nor Zoe and that Zoe was one of her daughter's dogs not hers.  I pointed out that she acted as agent for her daughter as she invited me to her home, she showed the dog, she signed the papers and she took the money.

I then called her daughter, Traci Lawlor/Shiveling of Six Angels Kennels, Home of Soft-Coated Wheaten Terriers and related the entire problem to her.  She was quite shocked and sympathic to my problem.  She would call her mother and get back to me.  Needless to say nothing happened.

I was quite fed up with the irresponsible attitude of both Marie Lawlor and her daughter, Traci.  I wrote a registered letter to Traci at Six Angels Kennels and asked for settlement in the amount of $1,400.00, the amount I paid for the dog.  I also emailed both setting out my intentions to continue with this action.

In February I ill be attending Canada West Veterinary Specialists for surgery by Dr. Dunn, Canada's only urologist--Zoe's last and best chance at a complete recovery.  I have no idea of the cost, but know that I will give this little girl every chance she can get.

Is it too much to ask for the return of my initial $1400 to help defray the costs for this precious little girl?  I think not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Kennels/Fort-Langley-British-Columbia-/Family-Kennels-Breeder-Marie-Lawlor-takes-NO-RESPONSIBILITY-for-sale-of-dog-with-life-t-998777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Kennels

What a Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice To Deceive!

AUTHOR: Sheila - ()

Perhaps because it has been some time since I exposed your unfair practices as a breeder, let me refresh your memory.

1.              You, Marie Lawlor, of Family Kennels, breeder of Bernese Mountain dogs, and as agent for your daughter, Traci, of Six Angels Kennels, advertised and sold me a Wheaten Terrier in the amount of $1,400.00 on July 29, 2012.  (Please see my initial report of January 17th, 2013.)

2.              You brought out the parents and other siblings of my pup (6 or so in number) and guess what-- they were ALL WHEATENS.

3.              All Vet reports, as stated in my first report, were sent to Traci, your daughter, of Six Angels Kennel, by registered mail.   It was signed for when received.  They would appear to have some problems with memory loss as well.  As a footnote to this paragraph, it seems there have been additional complaints against Six Angels Kennel.

4.              In your rebuttal you state “you feel I must set the record straight”.  WHAT A JOKE!  Perhaps you should start by telling the truth and accepting your responsibility as a breeder of Bernese Mountain dogs or as agent for your daughter in the sale of Wheatens.

5.              Zoe’s Vet and hospital bills are now over $20,000—a choice I made because I love and care for her.  You and your daughter should be aware of the possibility of a gene present in one or more of the breeding dogs that could cause pain, suffering and death to an innocent dog as well as heartbreak to unsuspecting buyers.

The only parties who are making UNFAIR AND UNTRUTHFUL CLAIMS are you and your daughter.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unfair and untruthful claims made against people.

AUTHOR: Maria Lawlor - ()

I am the owner of Family Kennels, we sell Bernese Mountain dogs and have a excellent guarantee. We have nothing to do with Six Angels Kennel. Since my kennel was brought up in this report, I asked Six Angels Kennel owners if they had any vet reports to substanciate the claim. Since they did not and were smeared by these alligations I feel I must write to set the record straight. All money returns must be varified by Veterinarian reports that can be backed up by the Kennel Vet to make sure they are accurate. Once this this done and all reports are varified refunds are automatic.