Complaint Review: Family Medical Walk in Clinic

4049 s. Campbell St. springfield, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 417-890-5550
  • Web:
  • Category: Clinics

Family Medical Walk in Clinic unprofessional, inefficient office staff, Dr. Baird, Brian Casey Shady, unprofessional, dirty and sloppy springfield, Missouri

First visit a Dr. gave me a referral to an obgyn said they would call me with the Dr.s name or appointment. This never happened. When I called 2 weeks later they had no idea what I was talking about sent me to the Nixa clinic, republic clinic. They couldnt even find me in their system appx an hour later they finally called studdering with some lame excuse never got the obgyn referal. later i go to an appointment with Dr. Baird in the campbell clinic my appointment was at 10:30am sat in the waiting room until 11:30 than I sat in the back room until 12:10. Dr baird finally comes in chewing  food wiping his hands on his shirt, not one time did he look me in the eye. The whole encounter was gross on all levels. I used them due to the convenience.  January 1st I decided to go to another clinic even though it was further away on North Kansas Expressway. They hollered my name and said "we cant see you, you dont have insurance" to my dismay. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield they rechecked it said I did not have it and refused  to see me even though I needed to be seen. January 2nd I call Blue Cross-they said i was showing up as being insured and they had no idea why the clinic said i did not have insurance. I called back spoke to billing manager Brian Casey whom I was told made the original decision to refuse care on the 1st.  He was very shaddy, avoiding questions, blaming the other staff. Said I had a bill of $68 in 2006 than one of $178.20 in 2008. I asked him if their policy was to lie to patients about them not having insurance so they can refuse care. I asked him why they saw me 2 times in June and once in august if I indeed had these bills dateing back to 06/08. Yet refuse care on Jan 1 by lying that I had no insurance. He said I can pay them the money than they will see me. I will never go to any of these clinics ever again. From what I have now read that they intentionally have overbilled. It appears that these chain of clinics are stealing from patients at their most vulnerable times. Granted if I owe, I should pay. How dare they exploit me when i come in because I am sick stating that I owe when i have been seen 3x prior with no proof of billing incidents. This seems like a scam preying on people when they are sick  and weak and if they dont pay when they can not present evidence of a bill yet they refuse care. I will never use any of these clinics again. I will pay a er bill before I go to these unsafe, dirty, and unprofessional clinics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Medical-Walk-in-Clinic/springfield-Missouri-65807/Family-Medical-Walk-in-Clinic-unprofessional-inefficient-office-staff-Dr-Baird-Brian-C-989946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Medical Walk in Clinic