occurring

Complaint Review: Family Motors

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: One Angry Customer — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Family Motors
6209 Indian River Road Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Family Motors RK Chevrolet DECEPTIVE!!! Woke up to the surprise of truck being booted TWICE with an extra $150 added on top of charges we were unaware of. Virginia Beach, Virginia

*Author of original report: RESOLVED!!!

*UPDATE Employee: I Am Sorry and Thank You For Your Comments

*Author of original report: Jim...

*Consumer Comment: Here's a Few More "Why's"

*Author of original report: Forgot to mention...

. [continued below]....
....This company does not communicate with their customers and are in cahoots with a tow company to boot your vehicle with NO prior warning. The first time was due to a mix up with our insurance, it lapsed for 10 days, but as soon as it was realized, payment was made immediately and insurance was reinstated retroactively. In January 2013, a boot was put on the truck after insurance had already been paid and reinstated.

We had to pay $150 to have the boot removed, even though the insurance was already straightened out. Apparently they also charge a late fee of $30.00, even for 1 day past the due date. Unbeknownst to us, these fees have been accumulating, also accumulating interest. Payments have been made each month, then BAM we wake up to another boot on the truck and are told we have to pay $505 plus ANOTHER $150 for the boot.

If we were racking up late fees, WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL US?? We received NO statements and NO mention has EVER been made each time we call and make a payment to them!!! We are only notified AFTER a boot has been left causing us to pay even more as well as LATE to work!!! We would have paid the late fee when we made the payment had we known!! I have NEVER in my life dealt with such a shady company!! Legalized scam artists are all they are!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Motors/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23464/Family-Motors-RK-Chevrolet-DECEPTIVE-Woke-up-to-the-surprise-of-truck-being-booted-TWIC-1014138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Motors

RESOLVED!!!

AUTHOR: One Angry Customer - (USA)

I have good news!! They admitted we were treated unfairly and have removed ALLLLL fees!!! WHEW!!! What a load off our shoulders!! Thanks for letting me rant here! The squeaky wheel always gets greased!

I Am Sorry and Thank You For Your Comments

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Dear Angry Customer,

I am sorry that you have been upset about your interactions with us.  I apologize if they were less than "smooth."

Since we discovered your posting, I know that you have spoken with our C.F.O. about your concerns. I understand that he is personally addressing the issues.

We are concerned about your satisfaction.  If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to call me personally, as I am part of the management team.  My direct dial number is 431-6507.

Sincerely,

Tom Kline
Controller

Jim...

AUTHOR: One Angry Customer - (USA)

If you would NOTICE...we cleared EVERYTHING up with the insurance ordeal. We paid the $150 and were told we were up to date on January 15th, 2013. It's now a month later and we are just NOW being told of all these other fees. Defend them all you want, but they are practicing SHADY tactics that are just plain WRONG!!!

Here's a Few More "Why's"

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You did receive a contract, DIDN'T YOU???  Did you read that contract?  You can blame them all you wish but the facts for financing a car are these:  When you finance a car, YOU are required to keep full coverage insurance on that car FROM DAY ONE.  If YOU FAIL to keep full coverage insurance on that car for whatever excuse you want to use, a repo or other similar activity is in order.  Then you go on to say about how you have been late in your payments.  Whenever you are late YOU trigger late fees, extra interest and other collection activities.  You prevent insurance problems by being absolutely, positively sure the car is covered and the policy does not lapse due to non payment.  Who checks and double checks this?  YOU.  You prevent collection activities, extra fees and interest by paying your bills on time.  Who does this?  YOU.  What we have here is YOUR FAILURE to manage your financial responsibilities properly with respect to this car purchase.  You can blame them all you wish, however, it is plain to anyone YOUR LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY triggered their actions.  And before it is said, I don't work for them!

Forgot to mention...

AUTHOR: One Angry Customer - (USA)

When I spoke with Collection Rep Tony Affa, when the boot was put on 1/15/13, he told me the ONLY late payment on the account was the one in December, which we paid the $30 late fee at the time of that payment. He told me as long as I paid him $150 for the boot, he would have any other fees waived due to the mix up with our insurance. So I made a check card payment for the $150 on 1/15/13. Now one month later, we are booted again with all of these fees we were unaware of plus another $150 boot fee. WHY wasn't this mentioned when I spoke with Tony 1/15/13?? I'm a FURIOUS!!!