Complaint Review: Family Motors

• Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — New Market Maryland United States of America
Family Motors
6209 Indian River Rd Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Family Motors Request to reimburse for repair upon returning home to MD. Virginia Beach, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You

I purchased a vehicle over the internet because Family Motors had what I was looking for and it was priced right with low miles. I knew it would not be perfect because of the price I paid. I drove it on a Saturday from Virginia Beach to my home in Maryland and about two thirds of the way home it began making a noise from the fron end. Knowing a little about cars, I knew it was most likely a wheel bearing so to confirm when I arrived home I took it to my local mechanic who confirmed my diagnosis. I authorized the repair knowing I may get stuck with the bill. I decided to contact Leeander Poarch at Family motors and explained what had happened and that while I was at it I had the drive train serviced since it was a 4X4 but felt the fair thing would be for Family Motors to reimburse me for the repair of the wheel bearing. I was asked to provide the repair receipt and was notified the next day that it would be taken care of and a check for the repair would be mailed. I received the check a few days later. I know the web site here is to complain but I think in most cases there is more to the story than the complaints you read here, but my experience with Family Motors was as positive as possible considering I bought out of town. Thanks Leeander and Family Motors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2013 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Motors/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23464/Family-Motors-Request-to-reimburse-for-repair-upon-returning-home-to-MD-Virginia-Beach-1014896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Motors

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Dear Ron,

Thank you for the kind words.  I appreciate it.

I am delighted that Leander provided such good service to you.   We try to go "above and beyond" to satisfy our customers, so I am happy that you are one of them!

If there is ever anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.  My direct dial number is 431-6507.

Sincerely,