Complaint Review: Family Savers Club

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Family Savers Club
www.FamilySaversClub.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Family Savers Club responded Utah Internet

I recently filled out an ad online for Family Savers Club. They stated that I could win a 3 day, 2 night vacation if I would fill out their form and pay $1/87 postage.

That was a mistake! What I didn't realize is, by giving them my debit card info to pay for postage, I was also agreeing to a club membership. I did not see this contingency on their website, and therefore feel I was deceived. I tried to get my bank to stop payment, but the Family Savers Club fee of $39.95 processed before I could stop it.

I called Family Savers Club, canceled my membership online per their instructions and left a v/m message, since no live person answers the calls. In the last several days I called them about 5 times.

After reading the information on Ripoff Report and how to get my money back, I called Family Savers Club one last time and let them know that I was going to my back today to report them as fraud, unless they returned my call immediately. Would you believe they called me back within 5 minutes! The rep apologized and said that, since I canceled my membership before their fee was processed, that they will refund my money. She also said that it will take about 4 business days to process. Since I haven't received a refund yet, I'm not sure if it's going to happen. We'll see.

Tjd
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2008 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Savers-Club/nationwide/Family-Savers-Club-responded-Utah-Internet-298236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Savers Club