Complaint Review: Family Savings Program

• Submitted: Fri, July 23, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 23, 2010

• Reported By: skycloud — up north Minnesota United States of America
Family Savings Program

Family Savings Program Text received: Call to claim your $200 Walmart voucher 800-571-4835, Internet

Received a text message tonight stating "Thanks 4 Visiting Our Website Call 800-571-4835 To Claim Your $200 Walmart Voucher! Reply STOP 2Unsub o Call 415-513-5459 2 Unsub Now".  I called the toll free number to request my number be removed from their list.  Only friends and family have my cell phone number and this text was unsolicited.

A woman with very broken English named "Joy" answered and asked my name.  I said I wanted to have my number removed from their list.  She said she can send me a Walmart voucher if i give my credit card.  I said no, I wanted my number off their list.  She said she was only a sales agent and to go to www.familysalesprogram.com to do that.

I went to the website and it is a blank page with only a field for a user name and password.

I then called the toll number to unsubscribe and got a pre-recorded message that the voicemail was full.

I googled "family savings program" and found very few hits but the ones I did find were people who had given their credit card numbers and have not yet received any vouchers.  I have filed a complaint with the FTC against this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2010 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Savings-Program/internet/Family-Savings-Program-Text-received-Call-to-claim-your-200-Walmart-voucher-800-571-48-626301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Savings Program