Complaint Review: Family Solutions

• Updated: Wed, May 04, 2011

• Reported By: Ramona — Yukon Oklahoma United States of America
Family Solutions

Family Solutions Family Advocacy Group Santa Barbara, Internet

My son contacted Family Solutions in regard to his child custody battle, he doesn't have much money and thought they would be a great alternative to hiring an expensive attorney.  He was so wrong.  They agreed to help him and wanted a 100.00 consultation fee.  I let him use my debit card, thinking it was a one time charge, it was not.

When I read the contract they had emailed him, I quickly realized this was some sort of scam, he had agreed to recurring payments of 59.00 a month from MY account.  I looked at the signature line and there is a line for cardholder and I DID NOT sign it.  He decided to cancel the subscription because they will not return his calls and have given him no advice. He is in an urgent situation.  Family Solutions charged my account a 175.00 fee, which caused my bank account to be overdrawn, and now I don't have enough money to pay my rent this month, when they finally returned my call, they did not call the number I left but the number associated with his account and simply told him to tell me to read the contract!

I did read the contract and it said he has 7 days to cancel.  It also said the cardholder needs to sign the contract, which I did not.  Long story short, we are out 275.00 and they did nothing!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Solutions/internet/Family-Solutions-Family-Advocacy-Group-Santa-Barbara-Internet-725658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Solutions