Complaint Review: FamilyMobile

• Reported By: Stop Fraud — Fremont California
FamilyMobile
Internet USA

FamilyMobile Fraud, Hidden fees, inflated charges  Internet

I closed my Family mobile (FM) phone line on April-17-2013. I called their customer service (CS) dept the same day to ask about the procedures of closing the account and transferring to another company. The CS tole me that I need my FM account number and 4 digit pin to change my line to another carrier. CS gave me the required information needed. I also asked CS "Do I have to fo anything else in order to close my account?" and he said "No. Just pay your last outstanding bills. As I closed my account, I was not having online account privileges, so I called the CS again and asked them on how I can make the payment for my second last bill. They told me that they can help me process the payment for no additional charge, as I have already closed my online account. So I made the payment.

Now when I got my latest bill, FM charged me $5.00 for payment processing on phone with another CS (which at the earlier time I was told by CS, that there is no additional fees, as my account is already closed and I can not access the website). They also charged me an additional $30 for not closing my account after transferring (which at earlier time I was told by the CS that I don't have to do anything from my end to close the account after transferring the line). Now when I asked the CS to adjust the bill, they told me that the previous CS gave me wrong information and they can not do anything about it. They also told me that even if it FM's fault, I still have to pay my bill in full.  5.00 for payment processing on phone with another CS (which at the earlier time I was told by CS, that there is no additional fees, as my account is already closed and I can not access the website). They also charged me an additional $30 for not closing my account after transferring (which at earlier time I was told by the CS that I don't have to do anything from my end to close the account after transferring the line). Now when I asked the CS to adjust the bill, they told me that the previous CS gave me wrong information and they can not do anything about it. They also told me that even if it FM's fault, I still have to pay my bill in full.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FamilyMobile/internet/FamilyMobile-Fraud-Hidden-fees-inflated-chargesnbsp-Internet-1051228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FamilyMobile