Complaint Review

Shepherdstown West Virginia United States of America
Name:
Famous Pawn
Address:
911 Winchester Avenue Martinsburg, West Virginia United States of America Phone:
(304) 264-9200
Category:
Pawn Broker

Famous Pawn Sold firearm that didn't function, refused any sort of service or refund Martinsburg, West Virginia

I purchased a used shotgun from this particular shop. I was told it worked and functioned just fine. I attempted to use the firearm, and it wouldn't chamber rounds properly. At best, it didn't function at all. At worst, it could have harmed or killed someone, particularly the person firing it. I took it back and demonstrated how it didn't work, something that would have been impossible to do upon purchasing it without attempting to chamber a live or dummy round, neither of which do they offer nor do I carry with me when considering to purchase.

The rude employee simply pointed to the "all sales final" sign and told me it was my problem now. I told her I didn't want a refund because I decided I didn't like it. I told her I had no use for a non-functioning and potentially dangerous item. I even said I would settle for less than a full refund. She told me it was my problem, and she would hear no more of it. I told her she would be missing out on a customer of many years, to which she shrugged. She even recommended I try to re-sell the DANGEROUS, NON-WORKING firearm AS WORKING to a pawn shop down the street. Avoid this scum.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Pawn/Martinsburg-West-Virginia-25401/Famous-Pawn-Sold-firearm-that-didnt-function-refused-any-sort-of-service-or-refund-Mart-725616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Pawn