Complaint Review: Famous Poet's Soceity

• Submitted: Fri, September 29, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 26, 2006

• Reported By:Clinton Massachusetts
Famous Poet's Soceity
famouspoets.com Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Famous Poet's Soceity ripoff, scam, poetry con, fake poetry contest, famouspoets.com Talent Oregon

I was told I was a finalist in a poetry contest after entering one at famouspoets.com. After spending close or even over $100 to be published I never got the book for nearly 2 years. When it finally arrived I was quite happy.

Then I found out that if it had been a real contest, I would NOT have had to pay anything, if anything, I would be the who gets paid, not the company who's contest I allegedly was a finalist in.

I filed with the Better Business Bureau but they cannot do much as the "Famous Poet's Society" has no physical address. This poetry society is a scam and cheated myself and many others out of a great deal of money.

I've called their phone number but never get a human response. I'm worried I may no longer have the copyright to the poem I entered, although the book that it's in says I do, that also be a lie so that the conmen who made the contest can own the writing too.

Michael
Clinton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2006 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Soceity/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famous-Poets-Soceity-ripoff-scam-poetry-con-fake-poetry-contest-famouspoetscom-Talen-213363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poet's Soceity

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

I gave a poem to these peopole and never got my book. Then when I emailed them they were very rude to me and did not answer any of my questions. I want a refund and possibly the book if it's even worht the 200 dollars I spent on it