Complaint Review: Famous Poets Society

• Submitted: Wed, August 31, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2005

• Reported By:Kingsland Georgia
Famous Poets Society
1762 Ashland St. Ashland, Oregon U.S.A.

Famous Poets Society ripoff Ashland Oregon

Just a few years ago I received a letter from the famous poets society stating I was selected to go to Reno for a poetry convention. I was only 17 at the time so I worked hard to get the $795 to go to Reno with my mom. I ended up not being able to go and my mother contacted the famous poets society to tell them I wanted a refund.

We called on the last day refunds were to be given. The lady we talked to Martha or Marsha said my check would arrive in 6 weeks. I waited and waited. Well we called again and stated we never received the check. The woman we talked to said they had a signed check that I cashed just one month before.

It was weird because it hadn't even been a month since I called about the refund. That was $795 that I lost. I still try to get ahold of them to get a copy of the check so I can follow up on it. No one ever returns my calls or wants to speak with me about it. I am always told the "guy" I need to talk to is out of the office.

I want something to be done about this. I will call everyday like I have been until I can talk to someone about this matter. It is ridiculous that some people are able to scam and get away with things like this.

Kingsland, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2005 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/Ashland-Oregon-97520/Famous-Poets-Society-ripoff-Ashland-Oregon-155659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Society