Complaint Review: Famous Poets Society

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2006

• Reported By:Wenatchee Washington
Famous Poets Society
P.O. Box 21 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Famous Poets Society ripoff Promised a Shakespeare Trophy and medallion plus my poem published in their annual book I paid all of it in May 05 yet still want more money Talent Oregon

I entered their contest in May of 05 and sent them $ 127.00 for their annual book of poems, a plague with my poem and a publishers kit of which I did receive. The only thing I got from them. I was promised a trophy and medallion but I needed to attend their Banquet in Reno,Nevada at a cost of nearly $ 800.00. I could not afford that and wrote them to let them know, yet I never heard back from them. I wrote them in November of 05 to find out what happened, but never received a reply. On the 6th of February they sent me a card saying they needed $ 20.00 more dollars to send me my book. They also passed my poem around to other publishers of which two of them ripped me off also. One was Poetry of Today and American Poets Society. I received a letter the other day from another publisher, but I tore it and trashed it.

Wenatchee, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famous-Poets-Society-ripoff-Promised-a-Shakespeare-Trophy-and-medallion-plus-my-poem-pub-175214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Society