• Report: #21975

• Submitted: Sun, June 02, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, June 02, 2002

• Reported By:Birmingham Al
Famous Poets Society
105 W Valley View Rd, Suite 4,Talent OR 97540 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Famous Poets Society ripoff dishonest towards me they don't give care about unique talent, just money Talent Oregon

Congratulations,You are invited to publish your poem "The Song of Life" in our latest anthology. Were the words that I read as I unfolded the enveloped marked Famouspoets.com. At that time I was over joyed, I'd never won a single thing in my life.

I'd just gotten up enough confidence to actually share my talents with my family who in turn had given me enough courage to want to share them with the world. That was well over a year ago. I was 16 at the time and very much well into my vulnerable and impressionable stages in my adolescences.

Famous Poets Society had the audacity to take advantage of me and my poetry and in turn rip not only me off but they also destroyed my dreams. I anxiously and eagerly waited for at least a year and a half anticipating and hoping that I might win so that I could use the money towards a good cause such as college, distrubuting it among varies accounts of stocks,investing it into saving bonds for my brothers and sister.

I regret the fact that I got ripped off in more ways than one. People need to learn how to think about the feelings of others before they just go out and tear a person's,(well in this cause they were mostly children my age) dreams apart and leave them with nothing more to show than a large piece of shredded emotions embedded with in the pit of their hearts. I'm currently 17 years old and not much any different from when I was 16. I'm way more wiser now and will try to prevent people such as Famouspoets Society from ripping me off.

Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2002 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famous-Poets-Society-ripoff-dishonest-towards-me-they-dont-give-care-about-unique-talent-21975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Society