factory

• Reported By: Sally — Internet United States of America
Famous Poet's Society
PO Box 21/Talent, Oregon 97540 Internet United States of America

Famous Poet's Society Lavender Aurora Scam Internet

So, my father was reading the paper one day a little while ago. I'd assume it was a month ago, give or take. He noticed that there was a poetry contest available to win money. Knowing that I love to write, he suggested I enter it. So I did.

Today I received a letter from the company, Famous Poets Society. I wasn't home at the time so my dad read it to me on the phone. They had stated that my poem was entered in the semifinals and had a chance to win $1,000. They also included that I was going to be published in their book and said I had to buy the book in order for that to happen.

I got a funny feeling about this because I know that I don't tend to have the best of luck, so I figured I'd do some internet research before I took any further action. All I had to do was Google the name "Lavender Aurora" and so much information about scams had popped up. I read that many people had been ripped off and scammed by this organization.

At this time, I'm concerned that other people will not think to research and be scammed of their money. I wish for this "company" to send me back my poem and leave me alone from this point forward. I do NOT plan on sending them ANYTHING and I advise anyone else to do the same. I also will not stand for anybody's poem's credit being taken from them. It's ridiculous that this has been going on for such a long period of time. It really needs to be taken care of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/internet/Famous-Poets-Society-Lavender-Aurora-Scam-Internet-893251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poet's Society