Complaint Review: Famous Poets Society

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2004

• Reported By:shreveport Louisiana
Famous Poets Society
P O Box 21, Talent, Or 97540 Nationwide U.S.A.

Famouspoets.com famous Poets Society ripoff- promises of winning prize for poem submitted, release for poem to be printed in "GREAT POEMS OF THE WESTERN WORLD" a walnut finished plaque of my poem, false hope Talent Oregon

*Consumer Comment: I really don't have a clue what this person is complaining about?

Received letter stating eligible to win cash prizes of 2nd place of 4100, 1st place of $500 and Grand Prize of $5,000.

promised a preserved poem in a walnut finished plaque.

Asked for permission form to be signed so poem could be Promised to be published in "Great Poems of the Western World". Asked for 100 word biography of myself so they could send me a Pulisher's Proof of my poem.

Ask for $5.00 handling fee for each poem and just for entering I would receive a free copy of their new best-seller "Our 100 Most Famous Poets and the Winners of $289,000 (a $14.95 value).

My letter was signed by Lavender Aurora, Poetry Editor.

I am glad I did some research on this before I sent all requested money and information to this bogus company that is making a profit off individuals who are hoping to have their personal feelings and emotions reveled to the world hoping to make a different in someones life or to give meaning to someone by my personal feelings and thoughts.

I sincerely hope there is something that can be done to this company and the people who are responsible for giving so much false hope to sensitive people.

Cheryl
shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2004 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/nationwide/Famouspoetscom-famous-Poets-Society-ripoff-promises-of-winning-prize-for-poem-submitted-86882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Society

I really don't have a clue what this person is complaining about?

AUTHOR: Albert - (U.S.A.)

Since I too have received similar literature I have to comment on the emptiness of this posting. What exactly is the issue you found at fault? That this company offers various items to you is hardly wrong. I can't imagine their promises are empty and you offer no proof that they are. Companies that don't deliver anything certainly can't exist long enough as this one has based on the years that some of the complaints go back.

You (and I) were offered a book, a plaque, another contest to enter (with a free gift if you do no less!) and they list the prize payouts. Where are your damages for you to be complaining about? If a business can't promote their products then how do they operate.

I've seen other posting here that reek of mob mentality and which have no basis of fact based on actual experience. Some few others are postings from actual customers who have said good things about this company. It is obvious to me that if I order a product I'll get it.

I really don't have a clue what this person is complaining about? I wish it made sense to me. People need to step back and think before they act without thought and write something that doesn't say anything or help anyone who seeks information.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC