Complaint Review: Famous Poets

• Reported By:Dumfries Virginia
Famous Poets
Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Famous Poets ripoff poetry contest ripoff Talent Oregon

Thanks to your reporting of rip-offs, I know now I must be the attempted victim of the Famous Poets Scam. Like others, I entered a poem dedicated to my wonderful brother who recently died of cancer regarding our golfing together.

First suspicion: send money - you should never have to send money to win a prize. So I did not respond.
Then 2nd notification arrived so I did internet research on Dr Fan and did get information on him. Then I thought-this could be for real.

In that process, I also found web-site telling stories of others who had sent and lost money.

I am curious if anyone ever actually sent them the money requested by them for the convention and/or appeared on TV.

I am very thankful for the verification that this is a rip-off and I feel sorry for anyone who has fallen for it.

Beckley, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2003 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famous-Poets-ripoff-poetry-contest-ripoff-Talent-Oregon-65010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets