Complaint Review: FamousPoets.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 17, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, July 19, 2002

• Reported By:East Syracuse NY
FamousPoets.com
Box 21 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

FamousPoets.com False Advertising deceptive company dirty ripoff dogs Talent Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: The missed evaluation..

While on the internet, I saw an advertisement from FamousPoets.com.The ad stated that I would "receive a free evaluation" of my poem and be entered into their $50,000 contest if I filled out an entry form.The ad then directed me (using a link) to the FamousPoets.com website entry form.After filling in my information, I received a confirmation email from the website in which they told me that I "could expect to hear from" them within 4-6 weeks via U.S. mail.

A few weeks later I received a letter from the company, stating that I was invited to a convention for Poets and would receive a plaque for entering my poem.The convention cost over $500 to attend.I then telephoned the company to ask when I would receive my poem evaluation, as the letter did not mention this.

After speaking with a representative, I spoke with Mark Schramm.He told me that their company does not do poem evaluations.I told him about the ad which had his company's name on it, and he replied that the people who run advertisements for the company must have made a mistake.

I told him that I had a confirmation email from his company, and he further stated that his company does not send confirmations.He then became hostile and said that I should help "fix the problem instead of complaining".I have the email confirmation still and have seen the misleading ad several times.

This company did not follow up on what they advertised (the evaluation), instead they attempted to have me pay $500 for their convention.

Danielle
East Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2002 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FamousPoetscom/Talent-Oregon-97540/FamousPoetscom-False-Advertising-deceptive-company-dirty-ripoff-dogs-Talent-Oregon-24797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FamousPoets.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The missed evaluation..

AUTHOR: anti - ()

Here is the ONLY evaluation anybody ever got from FamousPoets:
"congratulation, you are semifinalist" then a long list how much money you should send for the convention, for your own awards, etc.
There is a non-official competition among former vicitms who can submit the WORST poem to this scammers... So far nobody succeed NOT to get invited for to the convention.
I really sorry, that they broke your dream...