Complaint Review: Famouspoets.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 19, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, July 19, 2002

• Reported By:Aberdeen NC
Famouspoets.com
PO Box21 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Famouspoets.com, Mark Schramm ripoff con artist fake Talent Oregon

Received letter from Famous Poets.com inviting me to attend a workshop in Flordia , Aug. 31=Sept. 2 where I would receive a Shakespere Throphy of Excellence award and a 2002 Poet of the Year medallion with my name inscribed. THe workshop would cost $495.00 to attend and the hotel $215.00 per night and would last 3 days. ALso I would have to send another poem,and $3.00 handling fee or 2 poems and $5.00 handling fee as an entry for a contest and I would also receive a free book or two, depending on how much money and poems I sent.

They included a phone number ( 800-498-0399 ) for questions. I called that number today to see if I could have my awards sent to me as I could not afford to attend the workshop. A young man told me that NO as they were only for those attending . I said that I should receive my awards. He said that after the workshop I could purchase them then. I told him that I have never heard tell of anyone who had to pay for an award until now.

He said it was an "honor" and hung the phone up with me still connected. I am concerned that my poems are in the wrong hands and stolen from me. I feel like some person has stolen my identy,address, phone number,poem, and email address with bad intentions. I am now worried about what will happen to all the things he took from me involving this issue.

Sarah
Aberdeen, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2002 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famouspoetscom/Talent-Oregon-97540/Famouspoetscom-Mark-Schramm-ripoff-con-artist-fake-Talent-Oregon-24946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famouspoets.com