Complaint Review: Fandango, Reservation Rewards, Shopper Discounts

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Your Town California
Fandango, Reservation Rewards, Shopper Discounts
Fandango.com San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Fandango, Reservation Rewards, And Shopper Discounts Fandango in cahoots with questionable businesses that make Unauthorized Account Withdrawals San Francisco California

When reviewing my bank statement I noticed two withdrawals each in the amount of 12.00 by companies that I was unfamiliar with, Reservation Rewards and Shopper Discounts.

I called the 800 number listed next to each companies name looking to get some answers. The operator was very friendly and informed me that I had signed up for their services when I purchased movie tickets from Fandango.com. Some how I unknowingly signed up for two accounts that come at a cost of 12.00 a month for each, an amount just small enough to go unnoticed.

I'm very web savvy and never click on banner ads or sign up for anything unless I go that site to specifically use their service.

Fandango is misleading their customers by using a user interface design that disguises the nature of the content and again by giving away credit card information without consent and partnering with a company that makes account withdrawals without authorization.

This rip off job was carefully orchestrated and could not have happened without Fandango and Reservation Rewards and Shopper Discount (same company) working together.

Buyers beware, not even a large seemingly reputable company like Fandango can be trusted. I can assure you that I will no longer be using Fandango.com. Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice shame on me.

Your Town, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fandango-Reservation-Rewards-Shopper-Discounts/San-Francisco-California-94118/Fandango-Reservation-Rewards-And-Shopper-Discounts-Fandango-in-cahoots-with-questionable-363025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fandango, Reservation Rewards, Shopper Discounts