Complaint Review: Fandango, Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 01, 2009

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Fandango, Reservation Rewards
12200 W. Olympic Blvd., Ste. 150 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Fandango - Reservation Rewards Unauthorized credit card charge of $12 Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Same thing happened to me

When I checked my credit card statement today, I found an unauthorized charge from Reservation Rewards. Where I remember purchasing movie tickets through Fandango and being auto-forwarded on to a reservation Rewards screen, I definitely did not authorize them to deduct any kind of membership fee. I never sign up for programs like this especially if they charge a fee.

Reservation Rewards seemed to me to be a program offered for free by Fandango like the ones you get from cinemas as an instant reward for buying movie tickets.

I was completely shocked to see this charge on my statement and called Reservation Rewards immediately. Their customer support representative seemed very well versed in this process, like she's done this hundreds of times before. Said she would issue a refund and cancel my membership.

I've received a confirmation by email of these two promises and now I'm waiting to see if they follow through. She said it would take between 3 to 5 days to see the refund.

This is a very deceptive process Fandango has in place, especially with a big name like that. I personally think this company should not be allowed to do business anywhere and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I just found out that Fandango was purchased by Comcast Interactive Media. I hope they right their wrong or I will be leaving Comcast as well.

Rob
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fandango-Reservation-Rewards/Los-Angeles-California-90064/Fandango-Reservation-Rewards-Unauthorized-credit-card-charge-of-12-Los-Angeles-Californ-417803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fandango, Reservation Rewards

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Betty - (U.S.A.)

I also was a victim of this company. I did not agree to any of their services. I noticed the $9 charge several times. I called the company and the charges stopped for over a year. Two months ago, I was charged again. I contacted the company. They offered me a refund. I will get it in 3-5 business days. We'll see! The employee was very polite. He also acted like this was normal business procedure. I told him I thought the company was one where they are hoping most people will not notice the charges. If they charge millions of people, they are making millions of dollars. In fact, this company made $85 million dollars last year. I reported them to my state Attorney General's office.