Complaint Review: Fandango

• Reported By: Rachel — San Diego California United States of America
Fandango
12200 West Olympic Blvd. #150 Internet United States of America

Fandango Fandango ripped me off Internet

On 11/26/12, I had ordered 2 personalized, movie gift cards for my Mom for Christmas.  Because Fandango did not have a denomination of $75, I ordered 1 for $25 and 1 for $50. And because they were both to be personalized with her photos, they were an additional $3.95 each. I have their confirmation email with 2 different images and amounts.

I received the $25 card in the mail within a week.  The second card never came, even though my credit card had been charged for both and fees.  On 12/7/12, I sent my first email to their customer service dept via their website.  From then on, each response I received was a different bizarre excuse. In many cases, I had asked how I could help but the question went unanswered.  In my most recent emails, I had requested manager involvement and/or a phone number, but customer service will not provide the information and now they've stopped responding.  I've kept all the email threads.

Finally, after 2 months and many email exchanges later, Fandango sent a response saying they had shipped the $50 card. Yay!  7 days later (a few days ago), I received a $25 card in the mail.  It was the same amount and image they had sent months earlier.  For some reason, they will not send the $50 card with a different personalized image on it, even though I paid for it. I am willing to forego the other image if they would just send what is owed to me, or I'm willing to send this mistake back (at their expense) and get a refund on the $53.95.

Thank you for your time.

Rachel McVey
clearlyrm@gmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fandango/internet/Fandango-Fandango-ripped-me-off-Internet-1006086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fandango