Complaint Review: Fantastic Sams Hair Salon

• Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By: E.Nelson — hudson Wisconsin United States of America
Fantastic Sams Hair Salon
Hudson, Wisconsin United States of America

Fantastic Sams Hair Salon Darcie Paradies-owner misrepresentation of pricing, bad service, faulty hair products, gift card fraud, Hudson, Wisconsin

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fantastic Sams Hudson, WI

I read a big fancy article in the local newspaper here, where the owner and manager of the Hudson Fantastic Salons were bragging about how great they were and how cost effective their hair care services were.  I've always seen quite a bit of coupons in the mail, T.V. commercials,etc. promoting the Fantastic Salon chains so we thought we would give them a shot.  BIG MISTAKE, it may say $9.99 on the coupon but that's not what it costs by the time you walk out the door. We've been there numerous times now and as much as I keep telling my wife to stop going there, that they are taking advantage of her, she keeps going because she feels some "local tie" to that owner just because she knows of her?  Well no more and my wife has now seen the light as well, on several occasions we've noticed people paying their bills at the end of their service and it's not what they were quoted upfront and it's always because there was some issue with the quality of their hair and they needed additional product?  hmmm, we've also tried to use some goofy gift cards that we bought online locally and if the service comes up short, they keep the balance of the card?  There's definitely something strange going on at that hair salon, the sad part is due to all of their marketing techniques the waiting room is busy with kids waiting to get ripped off.  Not impressed whatsoever but they certainly do not fit the label;  You get what you pay for?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2010 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fantastic-Sams-Hair-Salon/Hudson-Wisconsin-54016/Fantastic-Sams-Hair-Salon-Darcie-Paradies-owner-misrepresentation-of-pricing-bad-servic-572626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fantastic Sams Hair Salon

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fantastic Sams Hudson, WI

AUTHOR: Darcie Paradies - (United States of America)

The $9.99 coupon the Guest attempted to use was a coupon for the Minnesota Fantastic Sams salons, and it stated the Minnesota locations in the ad that the coupon was in.  We are located in Wisconsin and are not aware of advertising done in Minnesota or for the Minnesota locations - it is a different region and they do not share their marketing plans with me.  As a courtsey, any Guest presenting a coupon from another FS still recieves a $3.00 discount on their service.

I am unaware of the gift card this consumer speaks of (?).  We only sell our Gift Cards at our salons; we have never sold them online.  Our Gift Cards are clearly marked with the locations that accept them.

I live in the Hudson area with my family and we have owned the Hudson Fantastic Sams salon since it opened in 2001.  We have built the business the same way every other successful business is built - by treating our Guests the way we want to be treated when doing business.  I am sorry this Guest was not satisfied and I sincerely wish he would have contacted me or the manager directly with his concerns and complaints to give us the opportunity to make it right.