Complaint Review: Fantastic Sams

• Reported By: Erin — Des Moines Iowa United States of America
Fantastic Sams
7124 University Avenue Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

Fantastic Sams worst hair cut of my life!! - Des Moines, Iowa

I had a coupon to use for the $8.95 shampoo, condition and cut. I checked in, told the lady that this is what I wanted.  A man came up to take me for a cut.

Side note: I have very curly, dense hair.  This type of hair is treated differently when cutting.  When curly hair is dry it is MUCH shorter than it is when wet.

This man did not listen to what I wanted.  I told him that I needed 2" taken off all around and that I was to get a shampoo, condition and cut, per my coupon.  He partitioned the hair, combed it out into an afro and proceeded to snip at it freely.  He did not pull sections of the hair taut between his fingers. He started on my right side, cutting the hair dry.  This is after I mentioned to him again, that I was supposed to get a shampoo.  I figured he knew what he was doing - he WAS the stylist after all.

Once he got further I started to notice that maybe this was a little too short.  I didn't want to say anything because it was already too late and I didn't want to speak up because I didn't want to hurt his feelings or make a spectacle.

After the cut was over (which took forever), he tried shooing me out of the chair and I then had to remind him, again, that I was paying for a shampoo.  We did that and we went back to the chair.  He put some gel in at my request and I was sent on my way, mortified and looking like a complete tool.

I can't believe I actually paid for this cut.  It was the worst one I've ever had.  And I have a wedding to go to this afternoon!  Splendid.  This man should NOT be cutting women's hair.  Furthermore, he should NOT be allowed to cut curly hair.  He talked to me during the cut and was actually telling me the correct way to cut curly hair.  But...by cutting my hair dry and not pulling it taut to remove the 2", he snipped freely, which resulted in 4" coming off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fantastic-Sams/Des-Moines-Iowa-50324/Fantastic-Sams-worst-hair-cut-of-my-life-Des-Moines-Iowa-789075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fantastic Sams