Complaint Review: Farecompare.com

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2012

• Reported By: Boiling Mad — California United States of America

Farecompare.com Prays on innocent prople! Internet

Like the rating says, "STAY AWAY" from Farecompare.com!

I made a reservation for a hotel stay and just after I hit the Reserve button, I realized I booked the wrong date. So I cancelled the reservation and rebooked the hotel for the correct date WTHIN 3 MINUTES of my first reservation. Well, Farecompare.com says I HAVE to pay the $25 cancellation fee, even though I rebooked it with them WITHIN MINUTES OF THE CANCELLATION! Its not like anyone else would have lost out on the booking at the time. I was booking a reservation to a hotel which had an over 50% vacancy rate! I called customer service and asked to speak with the manager who insisted that the $25 change has no exceptions! LAST TIME I am using Farecompare!!!! If you use them, DONT MAKE ANY MISTAKES! IT WILL COST YOU! And to TOP IT ALL OFF,  the "deal" that they gave me was cheaper elsewhere! Farecompare.com is a "prey on the innocent people" website who MAKES MONEY on YOUR mistakes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farecomparecom/internet/Farecomparecom-Prays-on-innocent-prople-Internet-964720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farecompare.com