Complaint Review: Farm Fresh Foods Inc. (Meat Truck)

• Submitted: Fri, May 17, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: chase44 — Lemon Grove California
Farm Fresh Foods Inc. (Meat Truck)
San Diego, California USA

Farm Fresh Foods Inc. (Meat Truck) Door to Door Meat on back of pick-up truck San Diego California

*General Comment: So many grumpy people

*Consumer Suggestion: Meat out of a truck?

Farm Fresh Foods Inc.

I received a knock on the door at about 6PM on a weekday from a man who seemed like he was in a hurry. He said he just got done delivering to my neighbor Susan down the street and had one box of meat on his truck left before he was done for the day. He said he could offer me and excellent price on the meat because they were already in the area and wouldn't have to charge extra for delivery. It sounded good so we went under my car port and he busted out this huge box with 6 smaller flatter boxes inside full of different types of meat. He began opening each one and laying them out for me to see rib-eyes, NY-stripe, filets w/ bacon, a few other nice ones and a bunch of "Chuck-Steaks" which really ended up just being burgers.

He started a $379 even had a brochure showing this price and offered it to me for $200. I wasn't really that interested and as I began to tell him that he said, "fine, fine, I'll knock $200 off the top" so $179. [continued below]....

..... I still really wasn't interested I told him I didn't even have room for that much meat in my freezer. So as I final offer he said $150 and he said it works out to under $5 per steak and at that number it sounded pretty good because I know some of these steaks in the store would go for $8-$12 a steak. So I took the deal.

Later after some research and thinking I realize the 1/4 of the steaks were the hamburgers.. $5 per burger for frozen patties that ain't right so I decided to do some online research and found out that many people have complained on Yelp.com and other websites about these folks and have nothing but bad things to say about these people. I cooked a few of the filets up last night not impressed. Don't take my word for it. Do some research on these guys, the complaints are endless. They got me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farm-Fresh-Foods-Inc-Meat-Truck/San-Diego-California/Farm-Fresh-Foods-Inc-Meat-Truck-Door-to-Door-Meat-on-back-of-pick-up-truck-San-Diego-1051675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farm Fresh Foods Inc. (Meat Truck)

#1 General Comment

So many grumpy people

AUTHOR: Critic of the masses - ()

On my way home from work a van followed to my residence kind of suspicous that the jumped out scared the crap out of me and given me his sales pitch.  I never buy things on the spur of the moment or on a need or want basis.  friggin guy pulls out cases and cases of beef poultry and seafood.  I listen to him and look at the quality of the product not sure what to think  at this point.  Here is the icebreaker of my thought process, each product like ribeye New York and t bone individually wrapped vacuum sealed and packed tight for consumer use. So I decided to buy some for to put on the grill that night wow I was impressed the flavor and quality of ribeye.

Cost comparison I paid 3.00 per individual package if I were to go to Costco the same serving will cost around 5.70.  At Henrys 4.36..bottom line is better packaging cheaper prices and no freezer burn! farm fresh foods inc reviews are bad due to their aggressive sales technique, will I buy from them again you betcha

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Meat out of a truck?

AUTHOR: Billy27 - ()

Really, you bought meat from a guy who sold it out of the back of a truck?  That didn't seem odd to you at all?  Really?!