Complaint Review: Farmers Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Alabama
Farmers Furniture
4650 McClellan Blvd Anniston, Alabama U.S.A.
  • Phone: 256-2370884
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Farmers Furniture Couldn't care less after they banked the money I guess Anniston Alabama

My wife and I purchased two recliners totalling over $1400.00 in May, 2007.
Her recliner, whcih was the most expensive one of the two I believe started leaning to the right recently. I called the store recently and spoke to the manager who informed me that they would take care of it. He was going to have me speak to another employee named Monica who informed me that the chair was out of warranty, and they could not fix it! I informed her that they had lost my business from now on.

About two minutes later, Cliff, the store manager called me and said he was sure he could get the parts free, but I would have to pay the costs of having it repaired! Now, this is a chair costing over $700.00!!!! He also informed me that I did not get the "extended warranty" which as I told him we weren't offrered. Instead, we were told by the saleman that "if you have any problems, we will take care of it". Now, this just absolutely sickens me due to the fact that we have bought many, man items of furniture from them through the years. In fact we just purchased a recliner for my wife's mother in December of last year!

The biggest reason this really sickens me is due to the fact that my wife is having cancer surgery at the end of next week, and she will no doubt have to spend some nights in it to sleep for a while due to the sever incision she will have across her back. I had to spend some nights in mine after open heart surgery about four years ago, so I know what a relief it is to not have to lay in the bed. Just to let everyone know.

Jacksonville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Furniture/Anniston-Alabama/Farmers-Furniture-Couldnt-care-less-after-they-banked-the-money-I-guess-Anniston-Alabama-351491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Furniture