• Report: #195611

• Submitted: Fri, June 09, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 09, 2006

• Reported By:Dallas Georgia
Farmers Furniture
3736 Atlanta Highway Hiram, Georgia U.S.A.

Farmers Furniture Ripoff and refusal to correct the problem Hiram Georgia

In Feb. of 2006, my husband and I bought a used leather (supposely) sofa and love seat. One week later, we called to let them know that one of the cushions was flaking off. Real leather does not do this! They then sent a man out one month later to say "yes it needs a new cushion this one is defective". Like we didn't already know this. Then we called the office one month later because the salesman made a mistake in our paper work which the new credit store manager Seth Duisen, had to redo and have us resign which he was very nice. He deferred the payments until June of 2006. Which was great. However, since then, I have had to have major back surgery, about to have a heart surgery and other major surgeries to correct my illness. At this time we have called all the necessary people to return the furntiure only to be told that they will not take it back. I can not afford to pay for it nor do I wish to ruin my credit either. I have went through all the store channels and then had to call the corporate office and talk to the main person there. Who is very nice, professional and will and is working with us on this matter. I bought the living room suite used so it is not like it has depreciated that great of a deal. The store personnel other than Seth the credit manager is horrible. Mr. John Horn at the corporate office is the only one who seems to actually understand and is willing to work with us on this matter. So please what ever you do if you purchase anything from them ask them in the event that you can no longer pay for the products are you able to return them with out your credit been in any type of default. We are volutarily returning the merchandise like we asked in the beginning to do. But I will never ever recommend anyone to buy anything from these people. They are a total RIPOFF!! They will say that you are getting one thing and charge for another thing.

Gail
Dallas, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2006 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Furniture/Hiram-Georgia-30132/Farmers-Furniture-Ripoff-and-refusal-to-correct-the-problem-Hiram-Georgia-195611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Furniture