Complaint Review: Farmers Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, December 24, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 24, 2004

• Reported By:Clover South Carolina
Farmers Furniture
1553 Cherry Road Rock Hill, South Carolina U.S.A.

Farmers Furniture ripoff! They have not repaired defective furniture in over one year. Threatening reposession. Rock Hill South Carolina

We purchased a dining room suite from Farmers Furniture in November of 2003. At the store I noticed some scratches and asked them if they could repair those. I was told that the scratches would be repaired and that they would reduce the price of the furniture. The day before Thanksgiving the furniture was delivered and set up. When the workers left I noticed that the marble on the buffet was cracked, the touch-activated lights in the hutch did not work, the finish on the table was peeling off and there was a big chunk of wood missing on the hutch. I immediately called the store and was assured that the furniture would be repaired.

I called back several times and each time there was some excuse as to why the furniture had not been repaired. One day I called to ask about it and the manager told me that we bought it "as-is" and that they would not be repairing it. The furniture we purchased was the floor model and we were offered to have furniture delivered from the warehouse but we needed it and were promised that the scratches would be repaired.

Since then the district manager has promised that it would be repaired and that the store was under new management so we would not have to deal with the obnoxious manager we had been putting up with in the past. That was in May and here it is December. They refuse to repair the furniture and they are threatening repossession. Why should we have to keep paying on the furniture if they won't repair it as they promised? I know we have to pay for what we buy but I don't want to keep giving them money if they never do what they promised to do.

Clover, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2004 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Furniture/Rock-Hill-South-Carolina-29732/Farmers-Furniture-ripoff-They-have-not-repaired-defective-furniture-in-over-one-year-Th-124282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Furniture