Complaint Review: Farmers Furniture

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Very Dissatisfied — Thomaston Georgia
Farmers Furniture
710 N. Church ST. Thomaston, Georgia USA

Farmers Furniture Be Wary of 2nd rate products and "hidden insurances" when you buy here Thomaston Georgia

In January I bought some home furnishings (sofa loveseat ND RECLINER). iT WAS GREAT AT FIRST THEN ABOUT A MONTH LATER IT WAS WORSE THAN MY OLD SET. I also purchased a refrigerator at the same time. It was s"supposewd" to be a top of the line LG brand. I called the store and spoke to a lady that handled customer issues-so I ws told. After 4 more days this lady had still not returned my call, so I called again. She was miraculously at lunch this time, so I left another message and was assured I would receive a call that day. I DID NOT. I called again and asked to speak to the manager, he had a hateful attitude towards me when I asked to have my sofa fixed, and asked why they would sell that kind of stuff that is less than average. He actually hung up on me. I withheld pmt for a month- Then they called my house everyday demanding payment, I reminded them that I was having issues with my furniture and was told that when I catch my account up they woulkd see what they could do. Now it was important. I was so frustrated that I asked them to come get the furniture and I would go to a reputable furniture reatailer and get a living room suit. I was told that I could not just return it, and if I did not pay I would be taken to the Magistrate Court and sued for the balance of my bill. I have never dealt with such a sorry business all my life. I got the contract out that I signed, (and it was my fault for not reading it before I signed, but I felt rushed by the lady who was explaining it to me). It has all kinds of hidden fees for insurances in there. Life, property, and one called accident and health. I immediately called back and was told that the contract was more than 30 days old and I could not remove them. I told them I was not informed of any insurances when I signed the contract. The lady actually told me that was my fault for not reading the contract before I signed. All buyers BEWARE of this company, they are a complete ripoff. I learned the hard way and I hope this helps someone out there from being ripped off. I paid off the contract and went to rooms to go where I got a suit twice as nice and for about 500.00 less, and it is guaRANTEED TO NOT DO WHAT fARMERS junk DID. bYy the way the refrigerator from Farmers went out about two days ago. I'm now using it for target practice. Do yourself a favor and bypass this junk dealer if you want something with a little quality.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Furniture/Thomaston-Georgia-30286/Farmers-Furniture-Be-Wary-of-2nd-rate-products-and-hidden-insurances-when-you-buy-here-1047670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Furniture