Complaint Review: Farmers Insurance Company Aka Mid-Century Insurance Company

• Updated: Mon, December 20, 2010

• Reported By: Joy — Prescott Arizona USA
Farmers Insurance Company Aka Mid-Century Insurance Company
1605 S Plaza Way Flagstaff, Arizona United States of America

Farmers Insurance Company , Mid-Century Insurance Company Farmers Insurance They sent two settlement forms one iwth deceptive wording do that they could under pay a claim. Flagstaff, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Proof...

* : Over your head.

Jon Krall and Farmers insurance took advantage of me and ripped me off because I could not afford a lawyer for a auto settlement claim in which I was the victim.

Their driver hit me and was sited and ticket by the police and Farmers refused to pay for all of my medical bills and I received no compensation at all for a permanent neck injury.

They let me believe that they had already payed for the medical bills and sent two different release form with deceptive wording. After I signed the settlement form I found out that they had not payed the doctor anything and that I will owe $1000 for medical treatment for an accident that was not my fault.

I also found out that I will not be able to take the driver to small claim court to collect the amount owing on the medical bill because Farmers would take me to court for breech of contract.. they can not pay my medical bill but they can afford to pay a lawyer to stop me from getting the rest of my medical bills payed.

Do not deal with Farmers insurance with out a lawyer, they will take advantage of you and rip you off and then they will laugh about it, this company enjoys screwing people over and it one of the worst rate insurance companys around.

Do not buy Farmers Insurance.

My next step is start a petiton for all insurance companys to send a simple in plain english form about how your claim get handled, what your time limits are and what your rights are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2009 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Insurance-Company-Aka-Mid-Century-Insurance-Company/Flagstaff-Arizona-86001/Farmers-Insurance-Company-Mid-Century-Insurance-Company-Farmers-Insurance-They-sent-two-497800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Insurance Company Aka Mid-Century Insurance Company

Proof...

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Contact Farmers again and get PROOF that they paid the medical bills. Quite simple, a check number, date, and amount paid. In turn, contact the medical provider and tell them what is going on.

As for the filing of small claim against the other driver. You CAN take him/her to court and in the filing papers you have a copy of the settlement agreement, information from the medical providers showing they are still billing you, pain and suffering, out of pocket expenses,and your belief that the bills have NOT been paid. Farmers can't "sue" you for breech of contract because in the "contract" you have been led to believe the bills were paid. Farmers will be REQUIRED by the judge to PROVE the payments were made.

Court proceedings are a way to expedite the answers to your questions. you can't get a straight answer from them, but the judge can!

#2

Over your head.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

You couldn't afford a lawyer?  Where do you live that Personal Injury lawyers don't work on a contingency fee basis?

For the most part, I don't recommend that people go running to lawyers for every little thing, but in the case of an accident/injury, I always do.     You likely have no idea what is proper compensation for the permanent injury you suffered.  You also didn't know what you were signing when you agreed to the final settlement.   Bottom line, when you go up against an insurance company's lawyers in a personal injury case, you're bringing a pen knife to a gunfight.