• Report: #820941

• Reported By: grrrranimal — Honolulu Hawaii USA
Farmers Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd. Honolulu, Hawaii United States of America

Farmers Insurance Farmers Insurance Ripped Me Off Honolulu, Hawaii

I have been a Farmers Insurance/AIG customer in Hawaii for thirteen years.  I paid my bills on time.  Recently I had a claim.  The other party was insured and admitted fault.  The appraiser for Farmers said it would cost about $400 to repair the new damage to my bumper but he was only approving me for about $50.  That made no sense.  They said it was because I had prior damage to the bumper but he clearly said the new damage would cost $400.00 to repair so that's what they should pay me.

Supposedly the fact that I had put in a prior claim on that bumper was their justification for their decision not to pay the right amount.  It turns out that I reported the prior damage but according to them, I did not put in a claim for it, so there goes that reason.

According to the Insurance Commisioner of the State of Hawaii, there is no law or rule that says that insurance companies should pay less for claims on previously damaged cars; it's just something insurance companies decided to do. I'll bet. It sounds shady at the best of times.

This sucks because it seems that they could have recovered the deductible from the other party and the remainder of the $400 for the other insurance company.  That's not what they are doing.

In addition, I found the appraiser to be somewhat belligerant.  The adjuster was also belligerant at times.  I checked with the Hawaii Insurance Commission and AAA Car Insurance had fewer complaints per customer than Farmers, so that's food for thought.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farmers-Insurance/Honolulu-Hawaii-96813/Farmers-Insurance-Farmers-Insurance-Ripped-Me-Off-Honolulu-Hawaii-820941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farmers Insurance