existed

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2003

• Reported By:Columbia South Carolina
Farrell Chevrolet
1051 Asheville Hwy Spartanburg, South Carolina U.S.A.

Farrell Chevrolet WILL NOT BACKUP TRANSMISSION WARRANTY 1051 Asheville Hwy Spartanburg South Carolina

Certa Transmission installed in June of 2003. First day out of shop I noticed a clunking sounding at stops and starts. Looked up under the Suburban for obvious things. Cross member bolts to the transfer case had not been tightened down.

I contacted the service department to report my finding and as usual no one cared. I tightened them myself to the correct spec and went on my way.

2 months later the rear main seal started leaking and I began to notice a shutter between 48-52 MPH. Took it back to Farrell Chevrolet and the service advisor told me they couldn't find a leak after charging me $80 bucks for diagnosis and leak die. Well I said what about the tranny shutter he said I had put an aftermarket valve stem cap on and they couldn't warranty the work.

Word to the wise avoid this place at all costs. Get your best price from them and go somewhere else. It used to be another dealership but was probably just as bad as Farrell that is why they had to change names. Bad people make Bad Dealers.

Farrell Chevrolet is a ripoff to report

Jim
Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2003 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farrell-Chevrolet/Spartanburg-South-Carolina-2930/Farrell-Chevrolet-WILL-NOT-BACKUP-TRANSMISSION-WARRANTY-1051-Asheville-Hwy-Spartanburg-Sou-75574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farrell Chevrolet