Complaint Review: Farrell Chevrolet

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:Spartanburg South Carolina
Farrell Chevrolet
1051 Asheville Highway Spartanburg, South Carolina U.S.A.

Farrell Chevrolet ripoff I AM NOW OUT A $1000! Spartanburg South Carolina

The SERVICE ENGINE SOON light on My 1995 Chevy Lumina came on and kept coming on while I was driving. So I took the car to the closest Chevy place which is Farrell Chevrolet. They replaced an EGR valve and cleaned the carbon from the engine which they SAID should fix it. Well driving to a relatives house the next day and the light comes back on, take it back in the next business day, had ANOTHER part replaced, at this point, I AM NOW OUT A $1000! Drive in to work the next day, get within a couple of miles of work, and guess what comes back on? SERVICE ENGINE SOON!

Now I am livid, out $1000, and still the main problem is not. After leaving two messages with the service manager, I finally reach him to request a refund, or at least a partial refund and they fix the problem, he recommended I bring the thing back in A THIRD TIME!!!

On top of this after I bring my car in the first time, the next day I find my tire is flat, and my brake lights are out, things a simple safety check would have caught, and they fail to even do that. I recommend FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP FOR ANYTHING!!

Spartanburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farrell-Chevrolet/Spartanburg-South-Carolina-29301/Farrell-Chevrolet-ripoff-I-AM-NOW-OUT-A-1000-Spartanburg-South-Carolina-104084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farrell Chevrolet