Complaint Review: Farrell & Seldin For Midland Credit Management, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, January 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:colorado springs Colorado
Farrell & Seldin For Midland Credit Management, Inc.
7807 E. Peakview Ave., Suite 410 Centennial, Colorado U.S.A.

Farrell & Seldin For Midland Credit Management, Inc. This is the kind of firm that gives lawyers a bad name! Has anyone else had the misfortune of dealing with a secretary there named "Roberta?" Centennial Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Do you have any update to report?

I received a letter from Farrell & Seldin, a firm I have never heard of unfortunately until now, telling me that my account was in default for 10 days as I had not made a payment based on my contract...huh?! What contract?! They go on to say that I have till 1-11-09 to pay it or they will be forced to declare it payable at once and exercise their full legal rights without further notice to me.

I called and was told this was in reference to a credit card I had back in 2002. I had the misfortune of speaking to a clerk or receptionist named "Roberta," and when I explained that my husband had just died, and I was not employed, she told me to quit crying and if I didn't, she wouldn't present any offer I made of payment to Midland Credit Mgt. I told her I felt sorry for her that she lacked empathy and I'd rather spend every cent I could scrape up on an attorney to look into illegal debt collection practices. Unfortunately, I had disclosed that I owned my house, the amt. of my mortgage payment, and the amount of child support I receive. She told me to take the money out of my house, that she had coworkers listening as her witnesses, and then she hung up on me.

After reading others experience with this oily office, I anticipate much worse harrassment than this. Can they really squeeze blood out of a tomato?

Dalllasalice
colorado springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Farrell-Seldin-For-Midland-Credit-Management-Inc/Centennial-Colorado-80111/Farrell-Seldin-For-Midland-Credit-Management-Inc-This-is-the-kind-of-firm-that-gives-l-409143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Farrell & Seldin For Midland Credit Management, Inc.

Do you have any update to report?

AUTHOR: Fighting Mad In Denver - (U.S.A.)

I am posting my own reports on: Farrell & Seldin & Midland Credit Corporation, but to the Process Server they employed (Quality Process Servers & Investigations, John Chely) as well. Very interesting reports filed on this site for all of the above.

I am hoping you did not fall for their scare tactics or a rude secretary. :)

I found this on: http://www.squidoo.com/midland-credit-management
Barbara wrote

I fought off MCM a year ago. Now it will be easy to get them off my credit report. To all here who have been contacted by any collectors...do not talk to your collectors. Learn your rights! You do not have to pay junk debt ....educate yourself. Check your state statutes for debts that "expire" and too old to collect on. This article is great. Spread the word!

Posted November 17, 2008