Complaint Review: FasTrak

• Reported By: EMK — Daly City California
FasTrak
Bay Area FasTrak Customer Service Center 475 The E SF, California USA

FasTrak Fraudulent Recurring Charges on a "One time" payment SF California

On the first on June, I rented a car for a weekend trip to Marin County. As it was a rental car, and everything is automated at Golden Gate Bridge, I decided to go to the FasTrak website to do a one-time payment. I DID NOT make an account nor authorize any type of recurring charge.

I received my bank statement and found 3 charges from Bay Area Bridge saying "Recur debit crd pmt"  for $6, $5, and $6 respectively. The dates were 6/10, 6/13, and 6/17. WTF?! Not only did they get the amounts wrong (it's $6 for GG Bridge) but the dates AND the fact it clearly stated it was a "One Time" payment on their website.

I called FasTrak and after 30 minutes on hold, I was told it was my fault that I didnt put an end date to the payment. What about "ONE-TIME" payment constitutes recurring charge and mistake on my part. This is nothing less than fraud, advertising a one time payment yet continuing to incur a recurring charge for 30 days.

How many people and tourists havent noticed the charge? Or werent able to contact these fraudsters? Or didnt have the time to spend 30 minutes only to be told it was their mistake. Hundreds I'm sure, and this is what FasTrak is probably counting on in this illicit money making scheme.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FasTrak/SF-California/FasTrak-Fraudulent-Recurring-Charges-on-a-One-time-payment-SF-California-1060130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FasTrak