Complaint Review: Fashion Rock - Talent Rock

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:dryden Ontario
Fashion Rock - Talent Rock
127 W. Church Street Suite 300 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Fashion Rock - Talent Rock ripoff Orlando Florida

My parents have always believed in my talent as a singer... so they went the extra mile, along with other sponsors to go to this event at Fashion Rock Summerfest 2005. As I live in Canada, it was all to be paid in U.S. Funds. All total we spent $5,000. Promised to be able to perform in front of top 50 music producers... NOT... didn't happen.

I was told by Juno award winner, Lawrence Martin, that this kind of event, was what I needed to be recognised in the music industry. First off, the Producers did not get to listen to you. I was even told this by a producer himself (he too disappointed). You got to audition for a panel of 8, and they were wowed, but I didn't receive 1 callback.

You are told you cannot approach any of the professionals, but only if they talk to you first. After the event was all over, you had the opportunity, (if your plane wasn't leaving right away), to talk to each of these 50 producers (NOT - only 10), and the web site promo they offer at fashion rock.

The event was totally overbooked, supposed to be 2000 and turned out to be 2500 contestants. I was supposed to stay at the Marriott, BUT... stayed at the Royal Caribe, along with another Canadian, felt kind of singled out, had to be shuttled back and forth to the Marriott, causing us to be later to get to the promised workshops, now overful so the doors were closed and you couldn't get in anyway.

The meals, at scheduled times, lines were so long that by the time you did get through, there was nothing left. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed by this event. The money I waisted could have been wisely used by doing my own CD in the Studio. I see this event as one of Pearlmans get rich quick scam.

We too, were hounded about making the payments every month, or loose all you had invested in the event. Future events were already booked solid, they'd say. I would not refer anyone to this event.

Charity
dryden, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2005 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fashion-Rock-Talent-Rock/Orlando-Florida-32801/Fashion-Rock-Talent-Rock-ripoff-Orlando-Florida-147775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fashion Rock - Talent Rock