Complaint Review: Fast Eddie's Car Wash and Detail Center

• Submitted: Wed, October 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Krystal — Barrington Illinois United States of America
Fast Eddie's Car Wash and Detail Center
330 West Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL Barrington, McHenry, and Crystal Lake, Illinois United States of America

Fast Eddie's Car Wash and Detail Center Refuses to give refund on unauthorized credit card charges! Barrington, McHenry, and Crystal Lake, Illinois

Buyer beware!   Do not give them your credit card info!

I was a member of their "monthly car wash club" for a long time, and when I called to cancel the monthly service they said "Ok, no problem, you're all set."   Several months later I notice they are still charging my credit card!  They refuse to give me a proper refund, saying that I did not cancel the service on the phone because cancelling MUST be done in person.  Even though their records indicate I have not used the service in months, they accuse me of trying to scam them???  Doesn't even make sense, why would I sign up for a service, not use it, and then try to get a refund? How is that a valid scam?  The owner, Joe Doherty, told me he doesn't care, and that I can take him to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Eddies-Car-Wash-and-Detail-Center/Barrington-McHenry-and-Crystal-Lake-Illinois-60010/Fast-Eddies-Car-Wash-and-Detail-Center-Refuses-to-give-refund-on-unauthorized-credit-car-953591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Eddie's Car Wash and Detail Center