Complaint Review: Fast Eddies Oil Change

• Submitted: Mon, October 11, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2004

• Reported By:49770 Michigan
Fast Eddies Oil Change
1166 US 31 North Petoskey, Michigan U.S.A.

Fast Eddies Oil Change ripoff, lies, bait and switch, fraud, Petoskey Michigan

Pulled in to get my Oil Changed on Oct 11, 2004 arounf 5:00pm. Asked for the Premium srevice. After they started to change my oil the attendant notified me of a $10.00 up charge for "Special synthetic Quaker State Oil 5W20". He said they had to charge more because of it being more expensive than regular Quaker State.

When they went to fill up my truck with oil they brought out a case of Carquest oil. When I questioned them they told me that they had run out of Quaker State and had to substitute the Carquest Oil. I then asked for an adjustment on my bill, a refund of the $10.00 upcharge. He said that he would get the manager. the manager said that he would take $3.00 off of my bill but never did. I told them that it was illegal to advertise one brand and substitute for another, he said that they ran out and had to get some from Carquest.

I questioned again the upcharge and was told that 5W20 was much more expensive, this is a lie I went to Wal-Mart immeadiatly afterwards and they had Quaker State in many different verieties and viscosities, all of them including, 5W20, were $1.58 per qt. The Wal-Mart brand Oil was $0.88qt. They manager told me that they had put 7.5 qts of oil in my ford Van that has a 4.2 liter V6 and that he was going to be generous and not charge me for the "extra Oil". In my Ford manual that came with the vehicle it clearly states that 5qts are required for a complete oil change.

I think that they should be fined for their bait and switch routine, and if Martha Stewart had to go to prison for lying these people owe the people of the state of Michigan a new capital building built by forced labor.

I do believe that the should refund me the upcharge of $10.00, the difference in the price of Quaker State and Carquest oil and taxes for the amount. Probably about $15-20.00.

Brian
49770, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2004 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Eddies-Oil-Change/Petoskey-Michigan-49770/Fast-Eddies-Oil-Change-ripoff-lies-bait-and-switch-fraud-Petoskey-Michigan-112444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Eddies Oil Change