Complaint Review: Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs

• Submitted: Wed, November 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: Susieber — Washington DC USA
Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs
Fashion Centre @ Pentagon City, 1100 Hayes St. Ste Arlington, Virginia United States of America

Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs No place to go for "customer service" and reasonable pricing Arlington, Virginia

The previous report was right on. I had two watches - one a cheap $10 watch from a street vendor, and another a $100+ Skagen watch. I went in yesterday and the younger guy behind the counter was actually friendly and smiled back at me. First he tried to sell me some jewelry that was on sale, I smiled and said "No thanks, I have enough jewelry."

I pulled out the two watches and asked how much a battery would be for each. The older guy (I presume the owner) came out from behind some rack immediately and said, "Twenty dollars!" I said, "For a ten-dollar watch? I've never paid more than $7.50 for a watch battery." He said, "Our batteries are of the highest quality." I smiled and said, "No thank you. How much for the other watch?" He said, "Twenty dollars."

So the battery prices were the same for both watches - at twenty bucks a pop! Good grief! I jokingly said, "That's highway robbery!" I said it with a big smile, teasing. The older guy got angry immediately, retorting, "It is no robbery." Then he told me to go take my business somewhere else. Wow. I just laughed and walked away. Found the batteries for half his price about fifty feet away at a kiosk.

The store owner was defensive from the outset, and it only took him a split second to turn into an obnoxious jerk. This guy is a rip-off artist. I can't stand people like this who treat customers like crap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Fix-Jewelry-And-Watch-Repairs/Arlington-Virginia-22202/Fast-Fix-Jewelry-And-Watch-Repairs-No-place-to-go-for-customer-service-and-reasonable-p-528462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs