Complaint Review: Fast Growing Trees Nursery

• Submitted: Sun, January 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 07, 2009

• Reported By:Green Valley Arizona
Fast Growing Trees Nursery
.fast-growing-trees.com/index1.htm?gclid=CIDg36nRqpgCFRxNagodGhYSnA Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-504-2001
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Fast Growing Trees Nursery Thuja Green Giant Rip-Off Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I'm glad I checked here first

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us!

I ordered 10 Thuja Green Giants at over $20 each. The day they arrived it was 107 degrees here in Arizona. UPS arrived at 5:30 so I assume my trees had been riding around in that big HOT brown truck most of the day.
I opened them up and they looked 3/4 dead, totally wilted with the tips already dried out. Plus they were not the 1-2 ft. advertised and only 1 of them reached 12 in. as I held it up and measured it.

I immediatedly notifed them of the poor condition and they said to mist and water them and they would perk back up! I took a picture of them and sent it to them to show the poor condition. Despite my repeated contacts with them they refused to stand by their guarantee.

SO I did some checking with a local nursery. They told me that Thunja Green Giants WILL NOT GROW IN ARIZONA so they never should have been shipped to me. Further I discovered that Fast Growing Trees violated Arizona agriculture laws by shipping to me. They should have been shipped to a licensed nursery who then inspects and holds them for 30 days before releasing them.
Fast Growing Trees refused to refund my money.

Laverne
Green Valley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2009 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Growing-Trees-Nursery/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28227/Fast-Growing-Trees-Nursery-Thuja-Green-Giant-Rip-Off-Charlotte-North-Carolina-416039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Growing Trees Nursery

I'm glad I checked here first

AUTHOR: Kate - (U.S.A.)

I was ready to order from this company and I'm glad I checked here first. It's in the 90's here in Ohio and I think I would likely have paid for a dead tree.

Please contact us!

AUTHOR: Wendy Sea - (U.S.A.)

We work very closely with the NC Department of Agriculture to make sure we are adhering to regulations. We contacted our NC Agriculture inspector regarding this issue to make sure we are in compliance.

I have tried to find a Laverne from Green Valley, Arizona in our system and did not. I couldn't even find a Thuja Green Giant Order going to Green Valley, Arizona.

If the consumer will call me I will be glad to see how I can help.

Wendy Sea