Complaint Review: Fast Growing Trees

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: TRUTH-2-TELL — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
Fast Growing Trees
4475 Morris Park Dr., Ste J, Charlotte,, North Carolina United States of America

Fast Growing Trees "I'll personally take care of it " Charlotte,, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Josh To The Rescue.

This company didn't 'intentionally rip me off but they were so negligent, I ended up losing money and had to go out and buy another gift.

Here is my story with Fast-Growing-Trees.

I purchased a couple of 'Memorial' trees from Fast-Growing-Trees.

One 'Memorial' Tree I purchased for a family member who's young daughter died - the tree was
delivered DEAD on arrival.  How outrageous!  How insensitive!

How can a company ship out a 'memorial' tree without taking the time to fully inspect the tree prior to shipping.    Also the company advertises they ship within days but after you place the order, you find out the tree isn't 'ready to ship' for weeks.   So the ship within days advertising is misleading.

The company is located in Charlotte, NC and so were my gift recipients!   I thought what could go wrong they are in the same town!   The lag time in deliver was so long, I have a hunch this company may simply take and process orders then they go ahead and purchases the trees from tree farms in other states.

The company also has wording to give you the impression your tree is 100% guaranteed.  This is not true.  When I called up the company regarding the dead tree, I had to pay for 'shipping' and the shipping cost is half the total price.

Customer Service instructed me to go back online and fill out a form, a problem arose when it came to the shipping address -only my address was shown on the account and not the address of my family member who received the original dead tree.   I may have ordered and paid for the original tree but it was a gift and the third party address was not listed.  I went ahead with the process but then immediately called the company to let them know their online system had an error in that it assumes the purchaser and ship address is the same then gives no option to add another address so the user must okay  in order to process credit for another tree.    Gina in customer service assured me that she would personally take care of it and make sure the replacement tree went to my relatives house -the original order address and not mine.   We confirmed the correct ship to address on the phone.

Two weeks a tree was delivered to my apartment.

Gina's  'personal attention' mean's nothing.

Gina was also the representative who I spoke to when placing the original order.  This company must be small because, Gina also picked up the phone when I learned the tree was delivered dead.   They give the impression they are a large company but the same person picks up the phone so it appears they don't have many employees.

They are not what they appear to be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Growing-Trees/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28227-8258/Fast-Growing-Trees-Ill-personally-take-care-of-it-Charlotte-North-Carolina-987077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Growing Trees

Josh To The Rescue.

AUTHOR: TRUTH-2-TELL - (United States of America)

A few days after my complaint post, I received a call from Josh at Fast-Growing-Trees.  Josh informed me the company  recently hired him to handle customer issues.    Josh immediately, apologized for the series of mistakes at the company, then asked the all important question "How do we make this right?".       My response was simple - just get my relatives a healthy tree.

Josh did more than that.   On January 2, Josh personally delivered a 6' Cherry Tree to my relatives house in Charlotte.

What more can a person want or expect from a company?   They delivered on their promise with a tree that is better than the one originally ordered.

I have no doubt that this company is not a 'scam' but simply a company with some 'growing problems' (pardon the pun) ,  having to work out  some 'kinks' in their procedures like any other company but at the end of the day, they are serious about customer satisfaction and are willing to put forth the effort, time and money to make things right again for their customers, which is more than many companies are willing to do today.

Josh, you're the best.    You're a keeper.

-Gina in Florida