Complaint Review: Fast Growing Trees

• Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Converse Texas
Fast Growing Trees
13660 Ballantyne Corp Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Fast Growing Trees False advertising; nonresponsive and untruthful customer service Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Same EXACT situation I wish I read this first

*Consumer Comment: This company is very prevalent on the web...I almost bought from them

*UPDATE Employee: Please look at the site for yourself!

I ordered 2 Royal Empress trees and received 2 dead twigs. When I called to get a refund, they refused and told me that I should plant them and they would grow. I did so, but in 4 weeks they decomposed in the ground. I complained again and they sent me 2 more dead twigs, and after planting them in pots so that I could control the water and sunlight, I still ended up with the same result. When I called again to ask for the promised refund, they told me that it must be my fault because they were a robust variety and I must have done something wrong. They refused to honor their promise.
I have since bought 2 Royal Empress trees for 5$ each that arrived looking like trees and have grown properly. I feel that Fast Growing Trees is only in business to rip people off. Their "trees" (dead twigs) cost $25 each and it was obvious from the comments from their customer service personnel that they have no intention of providing what is promised on their website.

Tdfuture
Converse, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Growing-Trees/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28277/Fast-Growing-Trees-False-advertising-nonresponsive-and-untruthful-customer-service-Charlo-414101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Growing Trees

Same EXACT situation I wish I read this first

AUTHOR: Rip Off City! Don't Buy Here! - (U.S.A.)

I also purchased Seven Royal Empress trees and received these dead pummelled twigs. I filed my own Rip off report just now. I wish I read this first. I am going to Rip off report now before I buy anything!!!!

This company is very prevalent on the web...I almost bought from them

AUTHOR: Kate - (U.S.A.)

I had an order ready to go - about $500.00 worth. It's a good thing I checked here first. I've been ripped off enough!!! Thank you for posting.

Please look at the site for yourself!

AUTHOR: Wendy Sea - (U.S.A.)

It is clear on www.fast-growing-trees.com what the policies are. There is link directly on the home page for Terms of Service, when placing an order it clearly says by submitting your order you are agreeing to Terms of Service. The word Terms of Service, by the submit button, is linked for the customer's review. If the customer recently received dormant trees they should not expect to see new growth until spring. Terms of service states all sales are final, no refunds and that we only replace trees one time. Our policies are more forgiving than some nurseries but on average normal for the industry. I would hope anyone reading would keep in mind that we have our policies there for the customers review.