Complaint Review: Fast Growing Trees.com - fast-growing-trees.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 24, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: dragonslair — Big Lake Minnesota Virgin Islands (US)
Fast Growing Trees.com - fast-growing-trees.com
4475 Morris Park Dr. Suite J Internet United States of America

Fast Growing Trees.com - fast-growing-trees.com Dead Tree Internet

*Author of original report: Waste of Time

*Consumer Comment: Its The Quality & Condition Not the Warranty!

*Author of original report: Nurseries

*Author of original report: Update Fast Growing Trees

*Consumer Comment: Just go to a local nursery

*UPDATE Employee: Mr. Doty's Cherry Trees

Ordered 2 cherry trees. Trees arrived extremely stressed with wilted leaves. Bing cherry was worse. Noted that the trees were loosely placed in the potting material. Immediately notified company. Planted them per instructions. Bing cherry died immediately. This was a case of an inferior product improperly packaged and shipped. Company gave a credit minus 15.00 and no refund on s&h despite it being their fault. In process of working with North Carolina's BBB. Will use FTC and their state attorney general if needed. They have a c rating with the BBB and several unfinished complaints. This company was supposedly seen on GMA and they should be ashamed. Do not buy from them. Find a nursery first, check with the BBB to make sure they are a BBB approved business. Got different trees from another on line company and am very pleased with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2010 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Growing-Treescom-fast-growing-treescom/internet/Fast-Growing-Treescom-fast-growing-treescom-Dead-Tree-Internet-626437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Growing Trees.com - fast-growing-trees.com

Waste of Time

AUTHOR: dragonslair - ()

I have done business Once with this worthless company. I am not surprised by their response. Maybe someday theses rip-off artist will go out of business. Sad thing is the North Carolina BBB doesn't help either. I believe in karma, what goes around will come around. There are a lot of great on line nurseries. Find one that is BBB approved, even if it cost a little more. The trees I got in 2010, after replacing the dead one they sent, still hasn't produced any fruit.

Its The Quality & Condition Not the Warranty!

AUTHOR: NJT - (USA)

Fast growing trees wants to state the warranty and the terms as if that is

what consumers are confused about. That couldn't be further from the truth

and what the real problem is. I too have ordered several times from FGT and the

quality of product received is less than stellar. The real problem is that

plants arrive dry and in very bad shape. It appears that fast growing trees

pawns off it poorest of product to the consumer, then hides behind their

warranty when they are called to the floor. They would do better and not offer

any type of coverage on their products since they will ultimately find a way to

get out of taking care of the consumer. They sell any product on line and have a

big posting that guarantees trees for one year...then hide the fact that you

have to pay an additional 25% for this warranty as well as the cost of shipping.

The only guarantee is that you will be paying for their loss and not yours. So

its not the warranty that is in question and real issue here, but the poor

quality of product and how that product is represented. I have already had the

opportunity on 2 occasions to NOT recommend FGT to my neighbors. I will continue

to do this at every opportunity I get until I have received 100% satisfaction

and have received 100% of what FGT said I would receive.

Nurseries

AUTHOR: dragonslair - (Virgin Islands (US))

It would be nice to find a local nursery, which I use, that has every tree one would like to plant. Even one with in a decent driving distance would be nice. Only consumers have to depend upon honest businesses that advertise themselves that way on the intranet. One would hope, even over the intranet, that the company would be ethical and treat you with respect and care, since you are trusting them and giving them your business and trust. From now on I will only use BBB businesses that are rated a B plus or better. Never trust a company, even if it has an endorsement like GMA with it, that it will be ethical and do the right thing.

Update Fast Growing Trees

AUTHOR: dragonslair - (Virgin Islands (US))

I did note that I received a credit minus the 15.00, actually 14.99. Also I lost around 18.00 in S&H. When I first received the severely stressed and wilted trees that were not properly set, otherwise loose in the potting material, I contacted the company via live chat. I talked with someone name Laura and told her how concerned I was over the terrible condition the trees were. I also explained that the potting material was severely loose and not set in the tree roots as normal. I copied the chat. Later per email, I sent a copy of the live chat to Brian Lucar, an employee of the company,per his request. I explained that it had nothing to do with the 90 day warranty, which I did agree to, it had to do with a receiving a damaged product. The Bing cherry was all but dead, so not sure how the 90 day failure to thrive would work. The trees were not properly set as I said before. Despite explaining this, the company has refused to budge. I did explain to Brian Lucar that I received a replacement tree, using the credit, and it was completely set in the potting material and was alive and thriving. That is the whole point. One tree properly set and alive, other tree not set and dead. It is a matter of principal. They talk about customer satisfaction, yet, refuse to do the right thing even when I have a copy of the initial conversation of the problem and the emails I received. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and North Carolina State Attorney General office. I copied, including the live chat, everything from the contact with the company and included it with the complaint. The company had 72 complaints in 36 months. The reason there are no unanswered/unfinished BBB complaints, is because 18 of the complaints, 19 counting mine, have been administratively closed by the BBB due to no satisfactorily standard of method can be found to end the issue. I guess those are the customers they don't want you to know about.

Just go to a local nursery

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Why would you buy a tree online?  The Internet is fine for ordering many things but it sure seems like I'd rather see and pick out the exact tree and be able to talk to the people face to face.

A face to face discussion would also be a lot easier if there turns out to be an issue. Besides, it's always a good thing to support local businesses.

They can even come to your property and see for themselves what the problem is if necessary.

I just think some things are better purchased locally, even if the price is a little higher.

Mr. Doty's Cherry Trees

AUTHOR: FastGrowingTrees - (USA)

Mr. Doty originally purchased two cherry trees from our company via our website. At the time he placed his order he agreed to our Terms of Service. Per our Terms of Service if an item dies within 90 days the customer will receive a coupon credit for 75% of the cost of the item, if a tree dies within the next 9 months the customer will receive a coupon credit for 50% of the cost of the item. The credit may be used to purchase any item we offer.
Please note that our Terms of Service and Replacement Guarantee are accessed from our homepage. Also, Mr. Doty would have had to check a box that states he agrees with our Terms of Service (which are printed again directly below that for reference) before submitting his order.
I am disappointed that Mr. Doty did not reveal that he received his replacement coupon immediately upon the receipt of his replacement application.
I am even more disappointed that Mr. Doty failed to mention that he did make use of his 75% replacement coupon when he placed another order.
Our customers are very important to us and we strive to make every customer happy.
In addition, we do believe in our product, and stand behind everything with our One Year Warranty.
Finally, as a side note, we have no outstanding/unanswered or unfinished complaints with the BBB.
Thank you for your business, and we wish you the best.