Complaint Review: Fast Loan

• Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: SusLee — Honesdale Pennsylvania United States of America
Fast Loan

Fast Loan Loan Tree Fast Loan Fast/Loan Tree Internet

My husband's business account fell victim to these two 'companies', $30 each=$60 altogether.  I just want everyone to know after jumping through hoops, we were finally able to file a 'Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit (ACH)'.  The local branch manager/tellers insisted they could do nothing.  I kindly and patiently persisted that the bank is insured through the FDIC and as suggested in a prior report on here, we have rights under Reg E.  The only solution they offered was to close and reopen a new account.  Scratching my head I replied, okay but what assurance do I have that the money in the new account will be safe and secure...no reply, nothing!  We brought copies of the checks to the police who also insisted that we fight for the money back from our bank "ususally they do, they are supposed to".  A few days later I called corporate.  I explained according to FDIC and Reg E, we are within 60 days of reporting the unauthorized transfers.  Escalated to supervisor who finally faxed 2 forms (1 for each draft) to our local office to dispute the unauthorized charges. Money refunded and the bank will hopefully do their job!

The most disheartening issue in all of this is the fact that we are friends with the local branch manager, which is why we keep our money there.  We've done business with the man personally.  So now bigger lessons have been learned :(  The only conclusion I can come up with is a generated statistic of unauthorized transfers for some kind of bank rating....Good luck people, be persistant...BE VERY PERSISTANT!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Loan/internet/Fast-Loan-Loan-Tree-Fast-Loan-FastLoan-Tree-Internet-1009848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Loan