• Report: #320927

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By:puyallup Washington
Fastenal
9725 47th Ave Sw Lakewood, Washington U.S.A.
  • Phone: 253-983-1561
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Fastenal Hire Any one and everyone to do crapy jobs Lakewood Washington

*Consumer Comment: fastenal not good

*Consumer Comment: fastenal is not worth it.

*UPDATE Employee: ''Growth Threw Customer Service''

*UPDATE Employee: Your Lucky to have ANY job

This company under pays thier employees. They have "part-time" positions being filled by drug abusers that are really full time hours. 35-40 hours a week is full time not part time. The hire anyone and every one that comes along, no background checks or UA's. Like i said they are all drug users, except for management. The over priced items they sell are not even worth buying when you can find them direct from the mill or whole sale. a christams bonus every year is a box filled with candy and other misc junk food. i personally would much rather have the money not a f-ing box full of junk food.

Chewy
puyallup, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fastenal/Lakewood-Washington-98499/Fastenal-Hire-Any-one-and-everyone-to-do-crapy-jobs-Lakewood-Washington-320927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fastenal

fastenal not good

AUTHOR: PBI - (United States of America)

I have been an industrial engineer at a company for about a year now.   We currently have a contract with Fastenal to fill their vending machines and supply racks on our site.  The five or six times I've asked them to bring me something. i.e.  air hoses, needle guns, die grinders, etc..... I've had to ask them multiple time, they've taken way too long getting me something as common as the above mentioned items. It took 5 weeks to get me needle guns, and I had to ask them at least once a week. Unacceptable.  Also, they charge way too much when it is so easy to order stuff yourself on websites such as Mcmaster.com. and with Mcmaster the item shows up the next day, and it is 1/4 the price.  Not to mention, the stuff that they are supposed to keep constantly stocked.... they don't.  and their lack of manufacturing knowledge is evident by looking at the things they supply us..... for example, they supply some of the proper air fittings, but forget about some, so the ones we have are useless.. if they knew what they were doing, they would supply
everything we need.

in summary...

Oh, and if youre going to respond to this.. I am an engineer, not a grammar teacher, so find something other than my misspelled words to comment on.

fastenal is not worth it.

AUTHOR: PBI - (United States of America)

charge way too much when it is so easy to order stuff yourself on websites such as Mcmaster.com. and with Mcmaster the item shows up the next day, and it is 1/4 the price.  Not to mention, the stuff that they are supposed to keep constantly stocked.... they don't.  and their lack of manufacturing knowledge is evident by looking at the things they supply us..... for example, they supply some of the proper air fittings, but forget about some, so the ones we have are useless.. if they knew what they were doing, they would supply everything we need.

in summary...

we are paying way too much for items that can be purchased ourselves much faster, much cheaper, and they will get here much quicker.   I am very disappointed in fastenal..... and if it were up to me, I'd terminate the contract with them.

''Growth Threw Customer Service''

AUTHOR: Jallen - (U.S.A.)

In the article that I am resonding to, there were some comments made that I consider less than truthfull. As an employee of fastenal since january 2008 I have seen the busier and the slower of times of this inovative and highly diverse company. While I would have to agree that the choices for hires have been questionable in the past, to say ALL of the part-timers are drugusers is blatantly false. I myself, am not, nor have ever been a drug user, as goes for several of my fellow part-timers.

As far as additional hours are concerned, when they were offered that is all they were OFFERED! I myself was greatfull to make some extra money while the hours where available, but I only worked over 30 hours by choice.

Growth threw customer service has been Fastenal's modo for years, emphasizing the impotance of quality in everything they do. And being that they are the second biggest industrial supply company in the country, someone obviously doesn't mind the prices or the quality.

The insentive bonus system has always more than made up for the lack of an end of year bonus. Since I have been eligible for a monthly bonus I have been receiving upwards of 150 dollars every month. So overall I hope that anyone reading this is aware that the work experience at Fastenal is, like any other job is subject to your personal work ethic and overall outlook on life.

The day may come when Fastenal has to close their doors and say goodbye, but until then they will continue live up to the modo ''Growth Threw Customer Service."

Your Lucky to have ANY job

AUTHOR: Gilbert - (U.S.A.)

Chuy,
Your Posting sounded like that of a drug user.
If I spelled like you I would be thankfull to have a job.You have anger issues. Please seek help. That is if you are not already in Jail.

Also. Chuy is short for Jesus. "Chewy" is something like candy

Do you Really live in Payalupp Washington?
(always Capitalizes the first letter of any city)